HELP Please Calling on those who have had fistula surgery

Is this normal?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

HELP Please Calling on those who have had fistula surgery

Postby msimon » 13 Feb 2015, 12:42

I had a small tract form at my LIS site and had it 'deroofed' a week ago today. I am concerned because the last few days things have been feeling more raw down there and 2/3 of these days I had blood streak my BM. The rest of the day I have a small amount of discharge that is sometimes yellowish and mucousy and sometimes brownish and mucousy, but nothing smelly. Is it normal to bleed 4 days after surgery (but not before that)? Does this mean things are tearing more rather than healing? CRS told me a week to 10 days to heal, which seems crazy to me. This has been such a long road and I just want to heal already! BMS are soft and getting less painful but after bleeding throbs :(
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: HELP Please Calling on those who have had fistula surger

Postby chachacha » 13 Feb 2015, 14:01

So sorry to hear that you're still suffering. I can't help with fistula surgery experience, but am sending hugs your way in the hopes that they might help even just a little.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Garrod » 16 Feb 2015, 15:43

Hi msimon, are you feeling better?
I don't know how surgery you had is similar or not to fistulotomy, but bleeding and discharge should be normal, though it is strange it was first without and then started ... not sure I can help, but at least for fistulotomy, healing lasts a lot longer than 10days, but maybe yours is a small and shallow wound?
Hope you get better!
Garrod
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby msimon » 16 Feb 2015, 16:36

Thanks Chacha. That always helps. Hugs back to you :smilyhug:

No. Sadly Garrod, I am feeling worse and don't know why. The incision the CRS made to lay open the infected area burns, itches and is making all my muscles down there ache and spasm. I keep bleeding on BMs when the muscles spasm and then it throbs there all day. I guess I basically have a new, very large fissure there now. Really can't see how on earth I can heal this with the muscle spasm reinjuring the area daily. I see my pelvic floor pain Doctor in 2 days and am thinking I am going to have to botox the area. YIKES! Botox after LIS makes me very nervous.

Do you know if it's normal to have kind of stringy, yellow ooze and even kind of browny and stringy ooze after this kind of surgery? I'm having a tough time knowing if this means infection or is normal wound exudate.

How are you doing? Did your lump get better? What about the ooze? When are you back on home soil (wherever that is)? It must be really difficult being away when you have a scarey medical issue going on.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64