Seafood

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Seafood

Postby Guest » 08 Feb 2008, 11:07

I've started eating tuna and fish more regularly in an effort to stay away from fatty meats. What are the most AF-friendly types of fish to eat? I love salmon, but I know that some types can be fairly fatty. How about shrimp, crab, etc?

Re: Seafood

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Feb 2008, 11:19

I think most all seafood would be AF friendly if chewed well, and not eaten in large quantities.
Meat of any kind will transit the digestive system slower, and this can give rise to harder stools, but Seafood is probably not as bad as pork or chicken or beef or horsemeat
Just kidding about the horsemeat! Image
Another consideration is any marine food nowadays can be so contaminated, especially with mercury and dioxins. So I would not have it more than once or twice a week!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 08 Feb 2008, 12:10

I have done the best with fatty fishes. fish fat is good fat. I'd stick with the fishes approved as good to be eaten. that info can be found for where you live at http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/download.asp
P.S. I've heard horse is delicious!!!LOL
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Feb 2008, 14:16

I found out that I can eat any meat and have soft poop if I chew meat TOGETHER with vegetable in my mouth - like bite of lamb with bite of asparagus ; ) , or bite of pork chop with bite wax beans. I don't have to do that any more, but when very soft poop was of high importance it did a trick for me. I also found that if I sip Metamucil WITH food it comes out uber soft ; )) !
I agree with Kim that too much sea food is not advisable nowadays unless you can find one certified mercury free. More than twice a week is not advisable now even by government agencies - so you can imagine what is in it when gov. admits it is toxic : ((((.
PS: My neighboring grocery store sells ostrich and bison meat and they don't have ground lamb ?!? LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 17:16

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

lol

Patty

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 17:18

Yeah, I am backing up out of this thread!

Postby Fissulyna » 13 Feb 2008, 18:56

ha ha haaaaaa Image
Welcome to California Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements