Pain in different location?

Feeling pain in different place than fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain in different location?

Postby Broncosgirl » 11 Mar 2015, 20:35

Hi All,
I am feeling really confused. I have a fissure on the posterior midline but don't feel pain there. I feel pain at about the 3:00 position and recently also the 8:00 position. I was told that I havr a papillea at around the 3:00, but not a fissure. Can fissude pain be felt in locations other than where it is?
Broncosgirl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: Pain in different location?

Postby Manitourose » 12 Mar 2015, 09:19

I feel like it can be challenging to tell where the pain actually comes from. As if the fissure(s) can be sneaky because I often feel like you describe. Its frustrating! During my 1st colorectal appointment I was told I had hypertrophied papillae. I later went to a different CRS who determined (what I already had and the other doctor somehow missed) that I had a fistula. That came as a shock. I had surgery to repair, then about 7 months later was under stress and saw a new CRS (moved a lot) and was told I have a deep posterior fissure. It went away but is now back again. :(
To answer your question though, yes I think the pain can be felt elsewhere. I often find myself googling too much due to that and I shouldn't. ;)
Hope you are feeling better.
Manitourose

Topics: 14