Question for those who ever had prolapsed hems...

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Question for those who ever had prolapsed hems...

Postby Mae » 13 Mar 2015, 11:25

For those of you who have our ever had prolapsed hemorrhoids. Is that something that happens all of a sudden? Or over a long time of repeating the things that started them (straining or hard stools or whatever). I think my hems are stage 1 cuz rarely hurt and only bleed when I forget to drink enough water for a few days and get constipated. I'm just terrified of them getting to the worse stages! I'm also scared that when I get pregnant, since I already seem to be predisposed to this ailment, I'll get them really bad.
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Question for those who ever had prolapsed hems...

Postby jlm1 » 13 Mar 2015, 12:04

Hi,
I have had hemmies my whole life. Not prolapsed. I have a 2 year old and that was my biggest fear throughout my pregnancy. It was all I talked about and I drove my partner crazy! Really. In my case, I was induced, had to have my water broken and got all the way to pushing! I pushed for a while and even while I was pushing, I was asking the doctor, "is my hemmie ok?" LOL Kinda crazy, but not really if you are afraid! IN the end, my baby was the wrong way and pooped so after all that I had a section. I never pushed her out but boy, I did a lot of pushing and had a nice big hemmie at the and of it.
The reason I am sharing this with you is to tell you that it really wasn't that bad. It was big, but eventually it went down and pretty much back to normal. I am predisposed to these a&& problems too but try not to worry. I have found that the things I worry about never happen or aren't that bad and things I could never have even imagined happen instead :)
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: Question for those who ever had prolapsed hems...

Postby Mae » 13 Mar 2015, 12:18

So they usually prolapse during labor? I thought it was just just all pregnancy long, lol. Cuz of the extra pressure on the area. I really want to have kids someday. I just get freaked out by this stuff sometimes lol. I am probably going to have a preemie anyway cuz I have a bicornuate uterus. Apparently since there isn't as much room for the baby, they usually come early. (That freaks me out too, cuz bicornuate uteruses are also linked to miscarriages and defects, but I have to tell myself to stop worrying! I read about a lady who had sextuplets- all in the same half of her uterus... and they were all healthy. She just had them early)
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38