It's the final countdown...

Thanks, butt, for reminding me why I scheduled the LIS...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: It's the final countdown...

Postby Jteller86 » 13 Mar 2015, 18:22

I'm doing good. Took some percocet and ibuprofen the day I got home and yesterday. Still no bm yet so I'm kind of scared of that lol. I soaked yesterday and yes able to get the packing out. Been on bed rest since I got out of surgery. Took a full dose of miralax the last two days, not sure why no bm yet. Hopefully tonight. Feel good though hope your doing good too!
Jteller86
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby tigerbutt2 » 13 Mar 2015, 19:04

Well, I had a BM right after I posted my previous reply! lol. Wasn't huge but not tiny either. Felt quite soft and didn't notice any bleeding. There was some pain but different than the fissure pain, which was always sharp and stabby. This was more like a sudden intense ache (but not terrible) and then it was done. Hopped in the shower after and have been grinning like an idiot since (such a funny thing to be so happy about, ha!). I didn't get any packing, so I wonder if that sped up my first BM. I bet that now yours is out you'll have one soon, especially since you've had 2 days of Miralax. Were you on it pre-surgery? When I first started it last fall, it took 2-3 days to kick in. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
tigerbutt2
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby chachacha » 13 Mar 2015, 19:36

I'm still crowing 7 and a half weeks later. I keep telling my family members, "Guess what? I just had a BM and it didn't hurt!". I wonder if the novelty will ever wear off?

Congrats to you both on your easy time post LIS!

:actiongirl:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby tigerbutt2 » 14 Mar 2015, 19:38

Here's an unexpected question I have--has anyone actually cut down on softeners shortly after surgery? I had 3 BMs today (usually I have 2, but on occasion 3) and they were all (tmi alert) massive though soft--the last one was a bit too soft (though almost painless, at least until some burning set in right after). For a few months now I have been doing 1/2 dose of Miralax morning and night, and 2 ducosate sodium morning and night, together with 1 magnesium citrate. That probably sounds like a lot but pre-LIS sometimes I would still tear even with softies. I'm thinking that now that I have more "room" this may be too much, and I may just do 1 ducosate sodium starting tonight, and leave everything else the same for now and see how it goes. But I don't want to suddenly stop myself up somehow either. Any thoughts?
tigerbutt2
Salt Bather

Topics: 2