Where is your fissure located?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Where is your fissure located?

Postby frank » 16 Mar 2015, 15:20

I am sure I have had minor fissures at the midline, but my current fissure is at around 7 o' clock (very deep) and another one that I now believe is a chronic one (had for years) that only aggravates me maybe once a year is around 3 o' clock. I never paid attention to this until now but it says those positions are very rare and could be from crohns, Leukemia, Etc....??? I show no symptoms whatsoever for these diseases. I never have diarrhea, no stomach issues, i am regular as regular can be, have tons of energy, run, bike, etc. Would an anal fissure be the first sign of something like crohns? Or is an anal fissure something that would occur with other symptoms of crohns? The CRS I saw didnt seem too concerned but my visit was so fast and she only looked at my current fissure real fast and we never got into the one at 9 o' clock.

And does anyone know what the direct relation would be between and anal fisher and something like Leukemia?

Does anyone else have their fissures in the non-standard location?
frank
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Where is your fissure located?

Postby PainedSA » 16 Mar 2015, 19:30

Oh goodness I've never thought so deeply into the positioning! My fissures (one chronic and one that pops up every now and again) are at 7 and 3 as well!

I really dont think the positioning can be a symptom of something bigger as fissures can come from all sorts of things!
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Mae » 16 Mar 2015, 19:37

I haven't been to a CRS yet but whatever is hurting me (it's either a fissure or a hemorrhoid) is definitely more on the left side than the right. Maybe about 10 o' clock ish if I'm sitting. It's hard to judge because I only feel really it when I'm sitting on the pot or get stressed out while driving lol.

I always thought the relationship between Crohn's and fissures was that the Crohn's symptoms preceeded the fissures, not vice-versa.

So you never have diarrhea but do you get constipated or ever have hard stool?
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby frank » 16 Mar 2015, 19:48

No, I never have diarrhea (obviously I have at some points in my life) and I can never remember a time in my life being constipated. What I do get every now and then is a ridiculous amount of gas, and having to go to the bathroom a bunch of times throughout the day because some stuff might come out with the gas. These episodes actually seem to be the times when my area becomes sensitive. That usually happens when I stray from my daily diet or also seems to occur during stress or out of my element (vacation). I'm about 95% vegan so gas is common with what I eat daily. I'm truly starting to believe that stress brings these on. Or as soon as I think it might be one, I start to get extremely tense down there and thats how they happen.
frank
Salt Bather

Postby Mae » 16 Mar 2015, 20:03

That sounds like me. Both times for me it's stared with dehydration and stress, but especially stress. Gas might also cause pressure on the area if you make a habit of holding it in.

Vacations make you tense? Personally I'm dying for a vacation, I think it would help me heal faster lol.
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby frank » 16 Mar 2015, 20:12

Lol, I wouldn't say vacations make me stress. I think what happens is, when I go away it takes me away from how I normally eat (slightly). Or I pretty much eat more and it throws me off. I am extremely patterned. Vacation takes a bit of that away. And when I say say "vacation" 75% of the time means away from our home either visiting my family or my wifes family.
frank
Salt Bather

Postby Mae » 16 Mar 2015, 20:24

Okay I guess I see what you mean. When I'm staying with other people I drink less water or I can't have a bm cuz it's not "the comfort of my own toilet" haha. Which is purely psychological.
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby shakdang » 17 Mar 2015, 05:05

12 and 2 .. very rare to get anterior midline fissure in men .. but here I am :)
shakdang
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2