Bowel Movement after LIS surgery

10-15 minutes of intense burning after 'm!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Bowel Movement after LIS surgery

Postby pregnantbutthurt » 01 May 2015, 14:48

Hi my name is Rei and for the past month I have been living in fissure hell. I'm currently 8 months pregnant and when the fissure hit me, it hit me hard and deep. I have been screaming and crying, praying and begging until I had become so afraid to eat and pool that Iost 15 lbs. I felt bad but through all the pain I couldn't stomach eating. I was admitted to the hospital by my CRS and while in nothing was still helping. So LIS with tag/papillae removal it was. I had a local done through spine tap because it was safest for the baby. I had the doctor clear my bowels out as good as possible while I was numbed. I thanked God for that and since surgery have tried morphine, dialysis, Percocet to help with the pain. Well day 3 of surgery I took one Percocet in the morning and no more after that. I have had a plethora of sitz baths and laying around. My biggest problem is the burning after the bowel movement and the sudden urge to go which if you aren't at a toilet their is going to be a mess to clean. I'm nervous now for bowel movements because if I'm not by a tub how do i calm the burn. I went out riding today with my husband to get some fresh air and all I can think about is what is the urge suddenly hits me. Going doesn't hurt but afterwards is terrible. I'm so anxious. Help me with finding a way to calm the burn without needing a tub or shower. I want my life back.

Reicina aka Pregnantbutthurt
pregnantbutthurt

Topics: 1

Re: Bowel Movement after LIS surgery

Postby Fissurefrustration » 01 May 2015, 15:30

Hi there Pregnantbutthurt,

welcome to the forum! I understand you've had a terrible time recently and we all can relate tot hat in one way or another. I've not had LIS myself however the burning you have should subside as having LIS means the sphincter has a lower resting pressure and won't spasm. please remember to breathe (it's so important, especially when having a BM) Have you tried a hot water bottle post BM? I find it helps a lot! Keep up with your sitz baths and try some meditation to get your breathing under control, there's only so much surgical intervention can do, the rest is with us.

Big hugs and I hope you find relief soon

FF x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby pregnantbutthurt » 01 May 2015, 15:33

Thanks for the speedy reply. When I'm at home I immediately get in the tub but I'm more worried about while out and about. I brought my squirter bottle from the hospital. Do you think it will work?
pregnantbutthurt

Topics: 1

Postby Fissurefrustration » 01 May 2015, 15:48

do you mean an enema bulb? I'd be wary of using this straight away post op but some people find it useful to soften the tip of stools. Your going to have an incision site down there that may have been left open so you need to keep it clean so keep up with the sitz baths etc. keep your fluid intake high and have plenty of fiber :)

FF x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby msimon » 01 May 2015, 19:26

I am so sorry to hear of your ordeal Pregnantbutthurt. I'm glad you were able to get the LIS done and, yes FF is right that the burning should improve as the days go by post LIS. Some burning is likely the feces that gets into the incision and fissure sites and for that I find a peribottle works wonderfully to gentle shoot water at the area to clean as any wiping is a no no right now. When I go out I carry a water bottle with me as well as an ear syringe. You know the kind you fill up with water to get wax out of your ear? I suck water up into it and then aim it at my butt and gently squeeze. Of course you can buy more fancy things, I think there is one called the 'portable bidet' but this works just as good and doesn't make much noise either. It is super important to keep the area clean and I find when one doesn't have a bath to soak in afterwards this works great.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby msimon » 01 May 2015, 19:27

Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox