Birth control Removed, fissure healing!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Birth control Removed, fissure healing!

Postby Jess23 » 09 May 2015, 20:05

I haven't been very active here, but I thought I'd share my experience. I'm 23, been dealing with fissures since I was about 16. Recently my fissures had been so bad that I was considering LIS to alliviate the constant pain that I was in. I tried dietary changes, increased my water intake and was prescribed 2 ointments with little change in severity. I also was dealing with side affects of my BC, Mirena, that was inserted at the end of January this year. Finally I made the decision to have the Mirena removed about 2 weeks ago and my life has much improved. I've had pain free BMs this whole week! After all the issues I had been having, I was trying to figure out what had changed that would make my BMs normal again, and the only thing I could think of was the BC being removed. I also realized that all of my flair ups have been while on hormonal BC, starting when I was 16... I can't say that this was the cause of my fissures 100%, but it has to be connected and I'm so excited that I've finally figured out how bad artificial hormones are for my body! :stars:
Jess23

Topics: 2

Re: Birth control Removed, fissure healing!

Postby Scientist2516 » 09 May 2015, 22:21

Wow, that is interesting! A lot of women here complaing their fissures get worse around their periods. I healed when I used topical oestrogen. Seems as though there is a real link with hormones, though not a simple link. Thanks for telling us about your experience, and congratulations on feeling better this week!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby felix » 10 May 2015, 04:38

I am totally convinced of a link between AF and hormones. I personally find that around my period things get more painful and that while breastfeeding, I have struggled to heal fully. It sounds like you have found a link for you and hopefully now you will continue to get better. Good luck!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby DrMommy » 20 May 2015, 20:59

Thanks for sharing. I have been suffering from an AF since July 2014 and have also been struggling with recurrent yeast infections. My mirena was put in soon after my son's birth in Feb 2014, and all these symptoms started up several months after the mirena was inserted. I had botox done 3 weeks ago, but after yet another yeast infection a week ago, I've been bleeding once again after BM's :(
I was wondering the other day if the mirena is somehow connected to all this. I'm considering taking it out, along with other life changes…. anyway thanks for letting me know… Gives more food for thought
DrMommy
Fibre Addict