Tag or Pile after LIS Surgery?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Tag or Pile after LIS Surgery?

Postby fissures_can_suck_it » 31 May 2015, 17:37

Thanks Chachacha :)
fissures_can_suck_it
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby yummybummy » 10 Jun 2015, 10:01

Around the same time you had your surgery I too had a (very minor) surgery to remove a tag. No fissure, just a tag that occurred as a result of a hemorrhoid I suffered when pregnant with my now 8 year old daughter. I posted about my experience here, as well as a question re the healing and a lump/tag I now have at the site of my incision:

lump-near-at-skin-tag-removal-site-t9639.html#p116060

Like you I am curious as to when I can expect this thing to be gone, if ever. Mine is similar to what you describe and is sensitive/tender to the touch. For some time after my surgery it was more painful than the actual incision site, especially with a bm, but has significantly improved. I just want the thing to disappear entirely!!

Curious what others have to say.
yummybummy

Topics: 1

Postby msimon » 10 Jun 2015, 12:36

My personal experience (as well as a few others I have talked to) is that post-surgical skin tags are very common in this area (and often why skin tag removal is not recommended as you just seem to form more from the trauma) and that their sensitivity decreases over time and they may shrink as well but rarely completely go away. I had a few little ones appear after a hemorrhoidectomy that were very sore for several months after but then got smaller and never pained me after that.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby fissures_can_suck_it » 10 Jun 2015, 21:04

Thanks everyone. My bms don't hurt as much anymore - just discomfort. But the stinging lasts for a few hours afterward. My doctor said it was a tag, not a pile. I just hope it the stinging subsides!
fissures_can_suck_it
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Deleted User 4296 » 20 Jun 2015, 19:50

I was hoping if any of you could help me. I'm 8 days post LIS. I have noticed a small sac like growth on my anus. My concern is that it is white which makes me think of infection. My fissure created a skin tag like this before but I never looked at it, so I'm not sure if its white to begin with. My pain is minimal and I dont think I have any symptoms of infection. I'm going to try to get into my Dr next week.
Deleted User 4296

Postby chachacha » 20 Jun 2015, 19:56

I had a skin tag before LIS and then about 3 more developed immediately following the surgery. One of them was whitish in colour (according to my husband), and that one was very sensitive for a few weeks. Now it only hurts if I wipe with vigor, and the others don't trouble me at all. I hope that your doctor says that all is well when you see him next week.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19