Post LIS no bowel movement

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post LIS no bowel movement

Postby Deleted User 4296 » 15 Jun 2015, 15:35

I had my LIS on Friday afternoon and now it's Monday and I've had no bowel movement. I'm taking fibre and stool softeners and eating high fibre. Also drinking a ton of water. Now sure if I should try a laxative. I took advil post op and occasionally tramadol.
Deleted User 4296

Re: Post LIS no bowel movement

Postby Savaici » 17 Jun 2015, 08:11

I hope things are starting to be sorted out for you now, Lilyflower. Let us know. :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Lone_Walker » 17 Jun 2015, 16:24

Hi LilyFlower,

I had my LIS yesterday and I'm in the same situation...no bm's yet. It's so frustrating because I felt like having one today, squat down, nothing :-( I'm taking Colace twice a day, Benefiber with every meal and tons of water. I hope I can have one tomorrow otherwise I will consider calling the doctor.

How are you doing in terms of pain?
Lone_Walker
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 4296 » 18 Jun 2015, 23:57

I have had bowel movements now. It took 3 days or so....but now it's turned into diarrhea today which causes more discomfort for me. I think maybe too much fibre. It is frustrating! I'm almost a week post op and I find the pain minimal, but I have fibromyalgia so I'm on tramadol everyday for that. But I am also not sitting a lot, but that is also usual for me because of fibromyalgia pain. I just hope everything is healing okay.... I guess miminal pain is a good sign!
Deleted User 4296

Postby Deleted User 4296 » 18 Jun 2015, 23:59

Oh also lonewalker I was so nervous before first BM but it went fine, but it did take a couple tries. If you've been doing the stool softener and fibre it should come....but definitely check with your Dr if concerned. I was on the verge of doing that.
Deleted User 4296

Postby Lone_Walker » 21 Jun 2015, 19:42

I had my first BM on Thursday, a day and a half after the surgery and it went better than expected. It was soft, thank God because it was bigger than usual. After that, once per day every single morning. The first one had a little bit of blood, the second one none, and today a little bit. I feel the stitches like a puncture pain, not too bad but uncomfortable. I have tried to rest but I'm restless so I've been moving around the house and whatnot. I hope this goes away soon, it's been 4 days post surgery by now.
Lone_Walker
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3