Retear after LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Retear after LIS?

Postby fissures_can_suck_it » 18 Jun 2015, 12:00

I had LIS and removal of two tags about a month ago. About two weeks I noticed a new skin tag develop and the past weeks or so I feel like the fissure is back. I eat a high fiber diet, use stool softeners, and sitz bath a few times a day. When I have a BM, I go about 3 times in one hour followed by intense stinging and burning for about 4 hours after. I have to sit on a heating pad at work to help relieve some of the pain. Is this normal? This is just hell and I am so tired of living my life like this. I should also mention I am pregnant, and can't take any medications or advil.
fissures_can_suck_it
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Retear after LIS?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 23 Jun 2015, 00:22

From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry that you are experiencing all of this while pregnant!! I just had my baby 3 months ago and my issues happened after my c-section surgery. (Lots of hard BM)..anyways, I have read tons of times about how people get their tags removed and they either end up with problems or new ones form. So with your new one forming, it doesn't sound unusual. Yes you can re tear your fissure and it does sound like that's what's happened. Are your stools bulky? I would stay away from eating too much fiber and try just drinking tons of water, eat fruits and veggies of course and stay on the stool softeners. Ask your doctor if you can take miralax. It works wonders!! For me, I think the healing of my fissure started when I was taking miralax, doing sitz baths and then I'd use a coconut oil suppository. (Made them myself). I can't explain why it helped but The coconut oil, when inserted as a suppository, it brought my pain level from 10 to a 2-3 basically not being able to walk, to being able to walk just fine! I don't know why it helps so much but I've been recommending to anyone on here to try it. It's 100% natural so it won't harm your baby. I would love to be able to help you and others lessen your pain by trying this. Please take care. Again, I really feel for you and I hope this is just a minor setback and that you'll be feeling much better soon!! :huggies:
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby fissures_can_suck_it » 23 Jun 2015, 09:21

Thank you so much for your response. It means a lot. I saw my Dr for a follow up yesterday. She said the area is still healing and what I am feeling is normal. She assumes in about 6 sixs or so the inflammation will go down and I should be feeling back to normal (lets hope so!). I figured out the painful stinging and burning only arise if I don't have the opportunity to fully empty my bowels. So I just take my time in the morning getting ready and wake up. Few hours earlier to ensure I have enough time for my several BMs. This process has been just horrible, but I am slowly starting to feel better. I'm just now worried about giving birth. I am afraid of causing more trauma to the area.
fissures_can_suck_it
Fibre Addict

Postby Sufferingbadly » 23 Jun 2015, 09:31

That's good to hear!! Staying positive is one of the best things you can do. Do you plan on having a vaginal birth or are you having a c-section?
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fissures_can_suck_it » 23 Jun 2015, 20:46

I am not sure yet. I am almost considering c section just to avoid any trauma to "that area". But i know c section is a major surgery too with a longer recovery. :( so confused
fissures_can_suck_it
Fibre Addict

Postby Sufferingbadly » 23 Jun 2015, 21:13

Yeah it is, but I've had two c-sections and the recovery (as long as you take it easy) isn't bad at all. My first c-section was a worse recovery because I labored for 26 hours before getting the c-section. My second one was planned. Yeah it hurts, but honestly, fissure pain is far worse than labor or csection recovery. The the amount of pushing you'd be doing for a vaginal birth, I couldn't imagine too many good things for the bum. Either way, end result will be that beautiful baby in your arms!! Oh how I miss being pregnant lol.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fissures_can_suck_it » 24 Jun 2015, 09:16

How long did it take you to heal from the c section? Did it affect your breast milk coming in at all? Or delay it?
fissures_can_suck_it
Fibre Addict

Postby Sufferingbadly » 24 Jun 2015, 09:59

The recovery time for a c-section is 8weeks. But you don't have to lay down the whole time. I was up and walking around. You just can't carry anything but your baby basically. And you want to try to avoid going up and down stairs as much as possible. After a couple weeks, you tend to feel ok, you just can't over do it. The pain is more like an intense soreness. Your pretty numb in the area so that's why. As far as milk supply, that all depends on your body. With my first baby, my supply was very low. I pumped like crazy and saw a lactation nurse for guidance to help increase my supply. I ended up nursing him for 18months. This time around with my second baby, I had enough milk to feed a village of babies!! Lol.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fissures_can_suck_it » 24 Jun 2015, 20:06

Good to know, thank you!!!
fissures_can_suck_it
Fibre Addict

Postby Sufferingbadly » 24 Jun 2015, 22:33

Your welcome :)