Prolapsed Hemorrhoid and Anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby mybootyhurts » 24 Jul 2015, 17:58

Hi, I'm new to this board and am experiencing a painful anal fissure for the first time, and I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this on top of a prolapsing internal hemorrhoid (stage 3). The tear is on a prolapsing hemorrhoid that comes out with each bowel movement, so I can plainly see the open wound. I am concerned it will never be able to heal because I have to constantly exert pressure on it to push the internal hemorrhoid back in. The pain brings me to tears and I feel as though I may faint during a BM.
Over the past 3 days, even though my stools have become softer and more regular (taking Metamucil), the hemorrhoids are getting harder to push back in, and the longer it takes, the more swollen they get. Has anyone had a wound heal on a prolapsing hemorrhoid before, or does this require surgical intervention to stop the blood supply?
Please help me!
mybootyhurts
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Prolapsed Hemorrhoid and Anal fissure

Postby chachacha » 24 Jul 2015, 19:25

I had grade 3 prolapsing hemmorhoids and a fissure, but the fissure was not on the roid. On the roid however, was the anal papilla, which is the internal version of a sentinel tag that hangs outside the anal opening. Both are the fissure's "defence" system, and I had to push mine back in after every bowel movement too. Pushing on that papilla was very painful, and then the very swollen roids would also press heavily on the fissure itself.

I had a LIS in January of this year, and for some reason (even the CRS didn't know why), I no longer have stage 3 roids. Mine are still there (he did not want to remove them, because hemmorhoid surgery is someting to avoid at all costs), but they no longer come out with the bowel movements.

My story is here, if you'd like to read it.

lis-success-for-me-t9369.html

Very sorry to hear that you're suffering, and I hope that you can find a solution soon.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Re: Prolapsed Hemorrhoid and Anal fissure

Postby mybootyhurts » 24 Jul 2015, 20:10

Thank you chachacha. I have an appt to see a gastroenterologist the end of next month (soonest I can get in) but I'm hoping for some relief before then.
mybootyhurts
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2