preparation-H suppositories

any luck using these ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

preparation-H suppositories

Postby jay1975 » 26 Jul 2015, 11:56

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has used these and if they've had any success (or horror stories). My doctor suggested these, but I really don't have much confidence. I sort of got the sense that he was reaching for anything, maybe he saw a prep-H commercial on TV the night before and was simply parroting back what he heard without really thinking things through.

The reason I ask is because on the box, if doesn't mention anything specifically about AF's. All it mentions is relief for Hemorrhoids and "other rectal discomfort". I haven't tried these yet, and I don't plan on using them unless I had some level of confidence that they are actually helpful.
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: preparation-H suppositories

Postby hurtinend » 26 Jul 2015, 13:51

It won't hurt

I doubt it will help

If I profited 1 cent from every prep H sale.....?
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: preparation-H suppositories

Postby hayleyw » 26 Jul 2015, 17:33

I agree with hurtinend, I don't think they will help you. When I first tore I used something similar. It was a 12 days cours of daily suppositories and all it did was open the fissure up wider as I struggled to get them up there. Go to your doctor and ask for some Diltiazem cream if you think you need medical intervention. Most fissures heal on their own but if you've had yours for more than a few weeks i'd ask for some cream that is designed to target fissures. Prep H sounds more like a hemorrhoid medicine.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8