Help! Panic Haemorrhoid or abscess?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Help! Panic Haemorrhoid or abscess?

Postby danno » 26 Jul 2015, 13:04

I have been having clear mucus discharge for a couple of weeks, often accompanied by a moderate itchy stinging feeling and light blood on the tissue after a bowel movement. I've been reading the internet and fear I have an abscess, although there's no pain during bowel movements and I can only see a skin tag next to my anus which has been there a long while (I had thought that it may be causing the itchiness). I had a colonoscopy four months ago to find the reason for blood on tissue and all the surgeon found was a small internal pile. However, the mucus is a new thing. Could I have some kind of abscess or is this just a symptom of the pile? I don't want to keep bothering my GP about this and seem like a hypochondriac, but it is worrying me.
danno
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Help! Panic Haemorrhoid or abscess?

Postby hurtinend » 26 Jul 2015, 13:33

Pain

If you have little or no pain it's good. Do not worry if pain is minimal. I wish you the best.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Savaici » 26 Jul 2015, 18:50

Mucus is not uncommon. If there is pain that becomes worse, see your doctor. Otherwise, try not to worry about it. Easy to say, but experience tells me this :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jay1975 » 27 Jul 2015, 17:28

I also get a mucus discharge (light green, very similar in appearance to sputum that you might cough up when sick with a bad cold). I also have some sort of "sore" adjacent to the anus. This sore, for lack of a better term, is approximately 1/2 centimeter (I'm guessing on this one) above and to the right of the anus. It's never been diagnosed as a "skin tag", but it's always present when I have an AF flare up. My first thought was that it might be a lymph node that has swollen in reaction to the AF ?

I'll be seeing a doctor this week, so If I get more info I'll be sure and post here.
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby danno » 27 Jul 2015, 18:22

Green discharge from the nose often means the body is fighting an infection - in a good way, it means the body is responding to bacteria. But I'm no doctor. It would be interesting for everyone to hear what your doctor says.

In my case, the mucus is clear and today I had blood on the tissue paper after having a slightly constipated motion. I think it must be an internal haemorrhoid. There's no pain.

When I went for my colonscopy the surgeon told me to use anusol all the time, although admittedly I was high on something slightly stronger than heroin that they gave me. As such, I'm using the suppositories with cream and it helps with the itchy feeling and feeling soothing. I just don't want to be on anusol for he rest of my life!
danno
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4