Crohns or no Crohns?

Is it worth another colonoscopy?

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Crohns or no Crohns?

Postby sfv » 12 Aug 2015, 00:09

Hi group, my husband has been dealing with anal fissures for years now that keep coming back.

He had a colonoscopy 2 years ago (nothing abnormal). Now he's seeing a gastro who is convinced he has Crohn's. They ran a bunch of blood tests and said the results are "suggestive of Crohn's." He wants to do a repeat colonoscopy, and an endoscopy too. The doc is mailing the lab results to us- so we haven't seen the exact levels yet.

My husband has never had any stomach pain, diarrhea, or loss of appetite the whole time this he's been dealing with this. I thought these were key indicators. Is there any chance it could still be Crohn's or would it pointless to go through with this painful and costly procedure?

Could someone also tell me what the blood tests for Crohn's are and what the levels mean?

Thank you!
sfv
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Crohns or no Crohns?

Postby Savaici » 12 Aug 2015, 06:07

Hi,

Here is a good link to help you understand the results. It is a PDF. Hope this might help. I know that they look for markers (as in a lot of auto-immune diseases) and that is what they look for as there is no specific blood test for this.

http://www.ccfa.org/assets/pdfs/diagnosingibd.pdf
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222