Slippery Elm??

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Slippery Elm??

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2008, 14:14

Someone mention Slippery Elm here I think. I am reading that it is a lubricating herb. Does anyone know about this?? Any input please I would appreciate.

Patty

Re: Slippery Elm??

Postby buttgirl » 22 Feb 2008, 14:19

I use it when my rear burns and is inflamed. It usually helps calm the intestinal mucosa.
Basically what I do is get the stuff in bulk and put a heaping tablespoon into a cup and pour hot water over it, kinda like oatmeal. It makes this thick goopy substance that you just drink. It's kinda sweet and doesn't taste bad, but the consistency sometimes triggers my gag reflex. The way around this is to let it steep for about 5 min and then add some cold water to thin it out.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Feb 2008, 02:15

He he, my fellow Vican buddy already answered Image !!! Yes, Slippery Elm is not only lubricant , it heals intestinal ulcers and inflammatory processes. I like its taste and I do not mind the consistency - it reminds me of Gello or something like that. It is great for sore throat too- I actually use it for that purpose ( speaking of that I'v got STREP !!! ).
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 23 Feb 2008, 19:33

I have it in tablet form once a day. Works well for me, as does psyllium husk & prune juice. Fissulyna, I wasn't aware that it helps sore throats - very interesting.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements