How often

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How often

Postby Bhill » 19 Aug 2015, 12:52

After surgery how often did you take your pain pills...I took one finally and am in so much pain. The pills scare me because I don't want to be constipated. Any advice would be amazing
Bhill
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: How often

Postby hurtinend » 19 Aug 2015, 14:16

Never had the surgery

All I can say is take the pills if you are in pain. You can combat the constipation
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Bhill » 19 Aug 2015, 16:16

hurtinend wrote:Never had the surgery

All I can say is take the pills if you are in pain. You can combat the constipation

I was hoping to do one pain pill a day and no more but the pain is so bad and the warm bath is not helping! It stings
Bhill
Salt Bather

Postby tigerbutt2 » 19 Aug 2015, 17:37

Ooh, ouch! One a day was definitely not enough for my in the first few days post-surgery. The first day I took them every 6-8 hours as directed. I too was scared about constipation, so I tried taking 1/2 a pill every 6-8 hours for day 2-3 I think, supplementing with an ibuprofen or two as needed (just be sure you don't go over around 1,600mg / day on those, and eat with them). I was surprised how effective just 1/2 a pill was (mine was oxycodone I think). I think by around day 4 I was just doing ibuprofen (but the max amount), and within a few days after that I was weening it down. I think by day 10 or so I didn't need anything anymore. Best of wishes to you on your recovery and pain management!
tigerbutt2
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby tigerbutt2 » 19 Aug 2015, 17:40

Sorry, I should have added--I was on Miralax then (still am just to be safe), so I would definitely recommend that if you are worried about constipation from the pills. Drinking a half-cup of prune juice (or eating fresh plums) would help too!
tigerbutt2
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Bhill » 19 Aug 2015, 18:01

tigerbutt2 wrote:Ooh, ouch! One a day was definitely not enough for my in the first few days post-surgery. The first day I took them every 6-8 hours as directed. I too was scared about constipation, so I tried taking 1/2 a pill every 6-8 hours for day 2-3 I think, supplementing with an ibuprofen or two as needed (just be sure you don't go over around 1,600mg / day on those, and eat with them). I was surprised how effective just 1/2 a pill was (mine was oxycodone I think). I think by around day 4 I was just doing ibuprofen (but the max amount), and within a few days after that I was weening it down. I think by day 10 or so I didn't need anything anymore. Best of wishes to you on your recovery and pain management!
mine is hydrocodone. ..I am taking ibuprofen too....mirlax and stool softeners as well. The pain hasn't lessen yet
Bhill
Salt Bather

Postby salamon555 » 19 Aug 2015, 19:52

Hi Bhill I hope for you a fast recovery , I think Im almost there thinking about the surgery. which kind of surgery did you have ? and when ?
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bhill » 19 Aug 2015, 20:21

salamon555 wrote:Hi Bhill I hope for you a fast recovery , I think Im almost there thinking about the surgery. which kind of surgery did you have ? and when ?

I had emergency surgery because things were so bad (so swollen the nurse couldn't find my anus to put a suppository in!).
I had a hemroid removed and then where they make a cut in the sphincter (for get the medical name). They also unblocked me because I had a stool blockage. I had it done yesterday morning.
Bhill
Salt Bather

Postby salamon555 » 20 Aug 2015, 11:40

Hi Bhill , how are you doing today. I was reading all your posts, sympathetically your story touch my heart.I'm sorry you are going through this right now. It must be very scary.and it is good you did the wise thing surgery to fix the problem , But I just want you to know that You are not alone. I m praying for you as well as for all of us, we are all suffers in the same boat and this Forum somehow is our life saver, this is why we tell our stories and give support according to our experience . Please keep updating , I wish you the best .
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bhill » 20 Aug 2015, 12:51

salamon555 wrote:Hi Bhill , how are you doing today. I was reading all your posts, sympathetically your story touch my heart.I'm sorry you are going through this right now. It must be very scary.and it is good you did the wise thing surgery to fix the problem , But I just want you to know that You are not alone. I m praying for you as well as for all of us, we are all suffers in the same boat and this Forum somehow is our life saver, this is why we tell our stories and give support according to our experience . Please keep updating , I wish you the best .

Thank you for the support...today is better. I took two pain pills this morning and some mag citrate plus my stool softeners and mirlax. I am hoping i can poo today...I have to really bad but I don't want to push hard. Praying the pain pills don't block me up but I needed relief.
I am glad I found this forum too because although I have amazing support from my husband family and friends...they don't get the fear.
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. You are all in mine as well.
Bhill
Salt Bather