ME

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

ME

Postby anniebee » 21 Aug 2015, 14:38

I am a middle aged female who has had problems with IBS in the past. I've also had a lot of stress over the past years. Last Spring, I woke up to a swollen face, ears and rash all over my body. My joints swelled as well and were extremely painful. I have no known allergies. I have been checked for auto immune disorder. I was put on prednisone for a month or so and eventually the symptoms stopped although I still get some rashes and I remain on allergy meds.
Two weeks after stopping prednisone, I had the worst IBS-D ever. I could feel that something "split". It seemed to heal a bit and then in June, I started taking vitamin D and lots of fibre to improve my health. This caused constipation. The "split" was back with a vengeance. I had thought the strange rash thing was scary and I felt very ill but this fissure surpasses anything that I have ever experienced including emerg C section pain. Doc told me that prednisone didn't cause the first incident but I am not so sure.
My life has been put on hold by this fissure as have the lives of so many others here. I am unable to leave my house. I cry and shout out words I never thought I had in me. I've probably made up a few new words!! It is not my best good look. Family is getting tired of me dropping out but I do not have an option. Who wants to hear about this 24/7? As a former lurker, I joined this wonderful forum because my misery needs company :( . I wish everyone a speedy recovery and am thankful that this forum is here.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: ME

Postby Fissurefrustration » 21 Aug 2015, 17:31

Hi Annie,

Welcome to the forum im so sorry you've been through such awful times. Thank you for sharing your story we are a loving understanding family and always have time to listen. I'm 2 years into my fissure problem and at times Ive just wanted to end it all - but this community has saved me. Massive hugs and I look forward to talking to you more on here :-)

Ff x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby anniebee » 21 Aug 2015, 21:45

Oh boy.. you are two years in??? I cant send you enough love back 4 your pain and troubles.. How have you survived? Really at the end of my rope. Feel like I have wrecked the lives of my small family. My son is a college student with problems of his own due to divorce. Feel that I am useless as a mother. So tired and in pain. Feel I am failing him. Pain so bad, can't have a conversation and he can't possibly understand my pain. No one could understand unless they have had it. Single parent not by choice. I am his everything and now he has to put up with this crap.Trying to be calm as I can but really am a mess. Just want to be ok and be there for him. I always thought i was a humble person. This has taken me far past humble.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby felix » 22 Aug 2015, 03:40

Hi and big hugs too. It sounds like you Re having a really rough time of it. Have you tried going to see a card and getting one of the fissure creams (gtm or diltiazem). These can be amazing and help with the pain. The other thing that might help would be local anaesthetic cream before a poo to take the edge off the pain. I really hope you feel better soon and come here anytime to vent x
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here