Sentinel pile?

spasms

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sentinel pile?

Postby anniebee » 24 Aug 2015, 12:57

Forgive me in advance for asking this question but I am still not sure after tons of reading, that I understand what a sentinel pile is. After a BM, I can feel a ballooned puffy thing outside anal area. It is not a "flap", just swollen skin. Hurts very bad. Then I experience spasms for 6-10 hours. Is it possible that my fissure has healed (started Mid May) and a sentinel pile is giving me excruciating pain and spasms? The puffy skin eventually goes down and the pain will go away until next visit to bathroom. Thanks for your help!
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Sentinel pile?

Postby Cupcake » 24 Aug 2015, 17:26

Annie- From what I understand, sentinel tag or pile is like a skin tag. Looks like a flap of skin, like you said. What you describe, to me, sounds like a hemorrhoid. Have you ever tried putting Prep H on it? I know they can be very painful when inflamed.
Cupcake
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby anniebee » 24 Aug 2015, 17:58

Cupcake Thanks. Since I was told that I had a fissure, I didn't even think of a hem. Can you have both at the same time? I wonder if hems cause spasms as well? I have some hem ointment. Will try it. I wonder what else could be up there????..LoL
anniebee
Salt Bather

Postby Cupcake » 24 Aug 2015, 18:15

Oh yes, absolutely! (and unfortunately).
I don't think external ones would cause spasms, but maybe internal ones could?? Though I have never heard of that in anything I have read about hems.
Yeah, give it a try. Don't see that it would hurt...
LOL, hopefully nothing else!!
Cupcake
Salt Bather

Postby hayleyw » 24 Aug 2015, 18:51

It sounds like you are describing a sentinel pile to me. Mine is like that as well. When i'm having a good day it feels floppy and like it's made up of loose skin but as soon as the pain starts post bm it becomes very swollen and sometimes tears and bleeds. It's normal for people with 'chronic' fissures like us. I'm still not clear on what happens to the sent pile when the fissure is fully healed. Some people have reported they linger and don't go away, others say theirs slowly disappeared in the months following their fissure healing. I don't really mind what's down there as long as it's not painful.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby hurtinend » 24 Aug 2015, 19:04

Sounds like a sentinel pile

Bodies way of protecting the fissure, grow skin over top.

I too feel a pea sized lump down there after bm, many doctors call it a hemmerhoid, but it's not, usually the sign of a fissure.

Lately I've decided to ignore things down there
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby anniebee » 25 Aug 2015, 18:15

Went to the doctor and it looks like everyone is right. Fissure not healed, sentinel piles and a new case of hems. I am so tired and so depressed. Doc said often all three are there and expect a long time for recovery.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Postby hayleyw » 25 Aug 2015, 18:31

anniebee wrote:Went to the doctor and it looks like everyone is right. Fissure not healed, sentinel piles and a new case of hems. I am so tired and so depressed. Doc said often all three are there and expect a long time for recovery.

We are all facing a long recovery, try and stay positive. Depression and anxiety runs your body down and you wont heal nearly as fast when you are in that state of mind. Just keep your bowel movements soft, take painkillers and baths for the spasms and try to forget about it. There's more to our lives than our bums.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Cupcake » 25 Aug 2015, 18:53

So sorry, I know that's not what you wanted or expected. But like Hayley said, try and stay positive. I know it's hard, we've all been there or are there now.
PM if you want. :-)
Cupcake
Salt Bather

Postby anniebee » 25 Aug 2015, 21:02

I know that it is a long painful road for everyone. At least I know how to treat it now..use everything!! I was very confused yesterday as to what was going on and afraid that I was using the wrong treatment. Not happy to be host to these villains who are having a party in my rear end..
anniebee
Salt Bather