New to this forum--tons of pain

Anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to this forum--tons of pain

Postby Papillae » 06 Sep 2015, 00:11

Hi!
I am new and this thing started last year. I did sitz baths and diltiazem and I got better. My symptoms got better--the pain is still there.

This summer it suddenly felt worse. I have pain for many hours after BM and I can't really tell but it seems like maybe now there are two fissures. I have a lot of what seems like the sentinel tags or hemorrhoids. The whole thing is kiling me.

I have two weeks until my appointment with a CRS doc and I am really scared. I don't want to get surgery because I'm in the middle of Lyme disease treatment which involves taking a lot of antibiotics. But I don't think I can live with this level of pain. It didn't hurt this badly the first time. Is it possible that I could have torn a muscle inside or something like that?

I wish I still had the dilitiazem from before, although I suspect the condition has advanced to the point that it won't help.
Anal fissure diagnoses 2014, improved with diltiazem and sitz baths
Fissure worsened August 2015, waiting to see CRS doc
Chronic Lyme disease (very bad to get surgery during Lyme treatment)
Skin allergies and food allergies
Autoimmune thyroiditis
Papillae

Topics: 1

Re: New to this forum--tons of pain

Postby owmybum » 07 Sep 2015, 15:49

Sorry to hear things are so painful for you... Especially with the lymes disease too!

Hopefully your crs will give you some more diltiazem. In the mean time try holding a heat pad or hot water bottle to the area, baths or sitz baths are very soothing... And maybe a stool softener if you think it would help to keep your bms soft and easy to pass.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: New to this forum--tons of pain

Postby Savaici » 13 Sep 2015, 06:06

P, a lot of us think thst it might be a torn muscle, but in the end (sorry about the pun) it is more than likely to be the spasms from your internal spincter that are giving you such pain. It is a symptom that is common to a lot of us, sadly, and it really is better that you see a CRS now rather than later.

Also, try using your Sitz Bath regularly. That helped me. Let us know how you're doing :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222