The Pain returns

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

The Pain returns

Postby peter4pm15 » 08 Sep 2015, 11:19

Well it's been a while since i have been on here ...i was controlling my fissure with a decent amount of success using lactulous only having the odd bit of pain hear and there , But over the past two weeks the pain has returned i think due to me changing my diet over the last two months ...i was a big chocolate eater and crisps and i just stopped eating them ...And i tried eating some roasted peanuts , Bad idea it seems as i past a harder than normal stool ..and low and behold the pain returned ...im now two weeks in and no sign as yet of it calming down ...i get up in the morning and the pain is really low ...but once i pass a stool ..the pain starts off low and gradually builds up through the day ...I am hoping it will calm down again ...if not i guess i will need to visit the doctor for a referral to the hospital as i don't want the pain reaching the levels i had a couple of years back as it was horrendous to say the least couldn't stand couldn't sit down ...staring at the ceiling as i lay in bed in agony ....
Oh well i hope it calms down ...sorry for my moaning guys ...it's just nice to know im not the only one suffering ..x

Peter
peter4pm15
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: The Pain returns

Postby chachacha » 08 Sep 2015, 14:50

Really sorry to hear that you're in pain again. I hope that it calms down, but I agree that you should consult a doctor before it gets as bad as it was. Good luck and please feel free to moan at any time. We're all here to listen and provide encouragement and strength when we can.

:hugs:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby hayleyw » 08 Sep 2015, 16:51

Hopefully it's just a little bump in the road. We are all told that it's easy to retear and to some extent we will always live with the fear in the back of our minds, probably for the rest of our lives. What's important is to nip these instances in the bud by keeping stools particularly soft, extra baths, plenty of exercise and some cream like Dilt if the sphincter goes back to feeling tense.

If we go back to the old healing regime hopefully we can take charge of it before it takes charge of us again.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby hurtinend » 08 Sep 2015, 17:34

Diet is important

Soft foods...no nuts, chips, spices, alcohol, sugar, or deep fried..very important

Cooked yam, cooked veg, some cooked beans, brown rice, non acidic fruit like pear, must be ripe, only drink warm herbal non caffeine teas and water.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby peter4pm15 » 09 Sep 2015, 01:55

Thanks for the replys guys much appreciated ..As of right now pain is at a low ..so i await the next toilet visit with baited breath as they say as yesterday was particarly bad pain wise..will wait and see...thanks again will keep you all updated
peter4pm15
Fibre Addict

Postby peter4pm15 » 11 Sep 2015, 12:42

Well update ...today has been the worst yet ..had a bowel movement , there was some blood on the toilet paper ..i thought oh dear that's not a good sign ...now im in reall agony ..Roll on monday for the doctors to get this referral for LIS surgery ..this just cant continue
peter4pm15
Fibre Addict

Postby peter4pm15 » 12 Sep 2015, 04:00

Dreading today's trip to the toilet .....took me ages to get to sleep last night it was like having a heart beat of chronic pain in my asshole ....thank god im off work until Thursday i do hope it calms down somewhat before then ...the thought of trying to do my job in such pain doesn't bare thinking about ..Got docs on Monday hopefully get this referral quick style...sorry for the daily moans guys and gals i just need to let it out .x
peter4pm15
Fibre Addict

Postby peter4pm15 » 14 Sep 2015, 05:56

Doctors today to get this Hospital referral..while im there see if i can get somethging for the spassams ...pain is now at an all time high cant sit down etc ...bloody murder Arrgggggg
peter4pm15
Fibre Addict

Postby hurtinend » 14 Sep 2015, 18:45

So sorry, with you.
I've been in horrible pain for months, not working.

Honestly, demand higher pain killers for short term ,combat constipation with lots if stool softeners and such, like Milk of Magnesia.

Wishing you healing.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby peter4pm15 » 15 Sep 2015, 02:12

thank you ...got a referral to the hospital to see about the LIS op , that could take up to 8 weeks to come through , then another few weeks no doubt to get the operation done ...the joy's
peter4pm15
Fibre Addict