NEW here... I have a cut that is still healing

Fissure from shaving

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

NEW here... I have a cut that is still healing

Postby cinduclee » 29 Sep 2015, 17:34

Hello, I cut myself while shaving on the ring of my anus 6 weeks ago. I left it to heal and about three weeks ago I noticed a lump of new skin had formed below the cut and it itches at night the most and sometimes in the day. I read probably formed a sentinel pile? I have no pain anymore but its the itching thats keeping me up at night. I have not been to a doctor because I moved recently and have no insurance here.

Do you know of anything I can do to get the new formed skin to stop itching or reduce in size? I am putting oxygenated olive oil on about 3 times a day with some aloe vera gel. I take an epson salt sitz bath and massage the skin with the oil after.

Please help to ease my mind.
cinduclee

Topics: 3

Re: NEW here... I have a cut that is still healing

Postby Fissurefrustration » 30 Sep 2015, 02:46

Hi Cinduclee,

Sorry to hear that! it's very easy to nick yourself when your doing hair management around such a hard to reach area and this is quite normal. You most likely have a little sentinel pile as you said. try sitz baths after every BM, I found sudocrem useful too when mine flares up. Glad your in no pain :)

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: NEW here... I have a cut that is still healing

Postby Savaici » 30 Sep 2015, 05:53

:wel: to the Forum! Glad you found us.

A few thoughts. You may be putting too many different things on the injury, and my suggestion is that you stick with just one, and only use plain water in the Sitz Bath, no Epsom Salts. Doctors suggest the use of Vaseline on wounds after surgery, so suggest that you try that. I was allergic to aloe vera and olive oil on my rear, and only ever use Vaseline and plain water. I use sterile dressings and water to dab clean and never ever rub with the soft loo paper I use. Hope you feel better soon and the 'tag' calms down soon.
:sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222