Hi...is this forum still active? where else can i go?

fissure newbie in search of active online community

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hi...is this forum still active? where else can i go?

Postby Savaici » 09 Oct 2015, 20:52

You should definitely see a CRS for an anal fissure. GIs and GPs are useless when it comes to this. I would research my own CRS.

Invest in a Sitz Bath (if you are in the States Rite Aid has the best ones :D ). You can then put it over the toilet bowel. Don't know what I'd do without mine!

Also, if you get another ointment (Nifedipine or GTN) you do not need to insert it, just use in moderation on the outside. Can't stress that enough, especially as you said it was leaking out which I would take as you putting it inside.

Another more reason to see a CRS is what you said is a pimple. Could very well be the start of an abscess (or may be not but better to know). And don't be surprised about health care providers (the general practitioner ones) not examining you. I went to mine for ages, in extreme pain, without so much as a looksee... In the end I first saw a general surgeon, and he just guessed at a fissure. AFs are a CRSs bread and butter, so to speak :roll:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 4605 » 09 Oct 2015, 21:13

Thank you for the recommendations. I'll start looking for a CRS independently. This GS i'm suppose to see works in a hospital where her colleague (the only CRS in that hospital) has the WORST online rating, so if she tries to send me to him I'll just decline and go to a different hospital.
I already "spotted" two doctors at two other hospitals in town that have excellent ratings but I'm not sure how i can make an appointment with them. I'll try calling and if I can't get through that way I'll make a request with my family doctor that she refer me to them, if she's willing or able.
:s
Deleted User 4605

Postby Deleted User 4605 » 14 Oct 2015, 18:43

update:

on the medical front it's pretty abysmal. still unable to contact doctors and see an CRS but working on it. my family doctor has essentially abandoned me. so i'll be trying to access a free clinic and ask doctors there for a referral.
canceled my late Nov. appointment with a GS who doesn't do fissures anyways (and i don't want her to refer me to the only CRS in that hospital because he has a terrible rep).
will try to access a GOOD CRS in a different hospital.

physically I've recovered from a recent relapse/flare up that occurred last week. i started taking Miralax daily which has really been helping to keep things smooth. i plan to stay on it daily for now. better than living with constant worry about the next BM and re-tearing.

still live with daily discomfort but it's better than when things are REALLY BAD. also still unsure if there's a fistual hole or if it's just a little skin bump. i think at this point i shouldn't worry to much about it. just keeping an eye on it.

cheerios
Deleted User 4605

Postby Manitourose » 14 Oct 2015, 20:16

Glad to hear you are feeling better by a bit! Good for you for advocating for yourself, your needs and following your gut instincts. It isn't easy and often feels so terribly lonely. You will get to a person (doctor, nurse, someone) who listens to your needs, keep up the fight.

As for the possible fistula. Not too much you can do. If it is one and you weren't able to see someone right away, it's okay. Just keep up with the good habits -- eating well, soaking if you can, keeping things smooth, getting enough water and so on. The fistula if it is one, will expel usually (with the pus) and then seem normal, then do the same. If it has only 1 tract, the likelihood of it creating a new tract and becoming a complex rather than a simple fistula is a low. It happens, but either way, even if you have either (which you may not) they both can be treated. Focusing on your well being is the best you can do to lessen the aggravation down there whatever is going on.

Good for you though for fighting for your bum! :) Glad to hear the update.
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby Deleted User 4605 » 14 Oct 2015, 20:35

aw, thank you Mani! :)
so nice to have a place like this now. really helps to talk to ppl who understand and have experience.
Last edited by Deleted User 4605 on 09 Mar 2016, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4605

Postby Deleted User 4605 » 17 Oct 2015, 19:51

update:

been okay these last few days.
Last edited by Deleted User 4605 on 09 Mar 2016, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4605

Postby Manitourose » 17 Oct 2015, 21:15

Pita -- Sooooo great to hear how you are feeling! If you find some good videos do you mind sharing links? I could probably use some focusing on all the above you mentioned and I'm sure others could benefit too. Administrators -- is there a place to share things we find as long as it doesn't violate anyone's rights or the forums?

I suppose what they say has some influence, the whole brain-gut thing. Though it should be brain-gut-bum for many of us. :-)

Again really glad to hear your update!
Manitourose

Topics: 14