Mixed Emotions

Had enough of hospitals

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Mixed Emotions

Postby hayleyw » 17 Oct 2015, 08:38

So some of you might have read my threads before or seen me post about a surgery I was going to have in which I got botox and the fistula I had back in July checked upon to see if it had healed on the inside. Well I went thursday to the hospital like arranged. Met my surgeon and anaesthetist who explained everything to me. Waited for five hours in small room until a nurse came in and informed me that there was no more theatre time left. I had to go home and was told i'd get a letter informing me of the next available date. Yesterday I got a phonecall telling me that my CRS who i've seen from the beginning is quiting and I was offered a surgery date with a doctor i've never seen or heard of before. I don't feel comfortable having an invasive operation done by someone i've just met hours before. My fissure has felt a lot better recently and anything that might set it back I want to avoid. I told them i'd like to leave it for now and they said that would be a good idea if my symptoms are improving anyway.

I don't really know how to feel now. Over the last few days i've had completely pain free bms and no pain afterwards. I haven't felt so normal in months but the idea of relapsing and not having my crs to turn too anymore is depressing. Still, for now i think i've done the right thing. In my chat with my crs on the supposed day of surgery he seemed very happy when I told him my fistula wound had been healed for months and i've had no further symptoms. I'm confident it's not a problem anymore. Luckily it was a tiny track and classified as superficial.

As far as the fissure goes, keeping the area dry and my bms soft seem to be doing the trick. It's a slow process but I feel like I might be winning now.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Mixed Emotions

Postby Manitourose » 17 Oct 2015, 17:40

Hayleyw, that sounds so stressful. You definitely deserve to get to know your surgeon. I am so sorry you had to wait 5 hrs only to be told it wasn't happening. That is such agony! So happy to hear you are at least on the upward trend and feeling better. Yay! :)
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby chachacha » 17 Oct 2015, 19:10

Can you have a non-surgical meeting with the new CRS? It might be prudent to get that done, so that you won't have to wait again if you need more help in the future. You can go in, explain your history, and tell him/her that you'll call him if you need further treatment. You can then get a "feel" for whether or not he/she is a good fit.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby hayleyw » 18 Oct 2015, 09:24

Thank you for all your kind words and concern. The nurse said it was great that I was feeling a little better and said if things decline again to go back to my gp for immediate referral to have the procedure done. Yesterday I actually had a very hard bm for some reason, I attribute it to stress plus the time of month. The pain did return, that familiar stetching like the skin is gonna tear any minute. On the plus side, the pain wasn't as intense as it would have been 2 months ago with a bm as hard as that. It's not going to be plain sailing. There's still gonna be good days and bad days but i'll stick to my routine and enjoy the small victories.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8