Intro

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Intro

Postby Canadabum » 22 Oct 2015, 15:36

SD....I fully get how scared you are...you are in pain, reading through all sorts of unpleasant posts and extrapolating. i bet you everyone who is on this site and everyone who lurks has had the same experience. As for the risks associated with the surgery...it is no different than risks associated with any procedure from a root canal to having your tonsils removed. The surgery is routine -- but like any surgery you need to find a qualified person to do it.

If you can try not to dwell on other people's experiences and fears related to it never ending...truth is that we all create these fears out of thin air. Deal with what is in front of you..from what I can tell you are progressing quite nicely for someone who is only 5-6 weeks in to this process. Let me tell you, if I had reduced pain after 5-6 weeks I would have partied like it was 1999 all over again...celebrate the small victories and focus on your progress. I totally get that not knowing is very difficult in terms of how it will all turn out, how you will feel, will you tear again, when will you feel better....these unknowns gnaw at all of us....better to focus on what you know. And what I know is that you have gone from a 9 on the pain scale to a 5/6 -- that is undeniable progress!!!

Give yourself time and know that what you are experiencing sucks...but unfortunately is pretty routine for the whole fissure experience. Keep your head up as much as you can and keep coming back to let us know how you are doing.

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Severelydepressed » 26 Oct 2015, 07:56

Hi Canadabum,

I am not sure if I am supposed to be updating my progress here or on my original thread from my first post titled: Anal Fissure Story + severe anxiety attacks

anal-fissure-story-severe-anxiety-attacks-and-losing-hope-t10040-10.html

I just want you to know that, over the past weekend, I have been thinking a lot about everything you've said and it has helped me cope a lot better. I may not always be able to write right away since I typically check from my phone, and write from a desktop computer. But I am always reading everything, which has been so comforting to me. I am still struggling, but celebrating the small victories as you say! My pain hasn't improved much but hasn't gotten worse. And the bleeding I experienced in the beginning of the last week has stopped for now. KEEPING MY HEAD UP thanks to you all and PRAYING tons.
Severelydepressed
VIP

Topics: 9

Postby Canadabum » 26 Oct 2015, 15:53

Hey SD -- so glad to hear that you are keeping up your spirits and taking this thing in as much stride as you can.

As for which thread you want to use...just let us all know and we will find you where you want to continue posting.

I am so glad that I can be a small help to you as you navigate this ridiculous condition...I was helped enormously by others and am glad I can contribute a little as well.

Great idea to start on the Miralax...I will be interested to know if it helps you out. Also -- good to hear the pain is stabilizing and that the overall blood situation is calming down. I just want to pre-warn you that it is sooo common to have set back or two or three or more during your recovery experience...been there a bunch of times myself and I have to admit it is always discouraging...but it is like falling off a horse. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back on the recovery train. So when it happens to you -- allow yourself to feel pissed, angry, upset...whatever it may be, but then try your best to get back to being determined to beat this. I am impressed with your determination -- good for you for taking control of matters and attacking this head on.

All best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19