LIS SURGERY BEST THING EVER!

Suffered 27 years with fissures - No More!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS SURGERY BEST THING EVER!

Postby CINCO » 28 Oct 2015, 01:39

Had LIS surgery 8 days ago and it went fantastic! There was soreness for 3 days afterward. I stayed on a liquid diet - broth, boiled veggies liquefied in the blender, prune juice, water, isopure clear liquid whey protein. I did not want to have a solid stool until the soreness from surgery was gone. On day 4, I ate protein shakes and boost. Took ibuprofen for pain - nothing to cause constipation. Took stool softeners for when I had my first bm after surgery. It was sore but not painful. NOTHING like before. I just soaked in warm bath when the soreness needed soothing. Then one day there was itching. That was a sign of healing. I did not scratch, I soaked in the warm water in the tub until the itching left. The next day the itching left and the soreness left the next day completely!! BM's are normal with NO PAIN and NO FISSURES!! Totally healed! It's so worth it. Do not be afraid! Get surgery! You will be so glad you did! I suffered 27 years ( when my first child was born). I was afraid of surgery but how I wish I had never allowed this kind of pain to last. It was a living hell that was so unnecessary. Don't put it off. Get the surgery! Get the nausea patch behind your ear and wear it a day after surgery. You will have no nausea. Take it easy for the first week. Just relax and sleep a lot. You will be so very glad you did it! I thank God for this surgery. I got my life back!
CINCO

Topics: 1

Re: LIS SURGERY BEST THING EVER!

Postby owmybum » 28 Oct 2015, 14:35

That's fantastic news! What an amazingly quick recovery too!! Long may it continue!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !