Sentinel Pile and Scab

Healing a fissure turned into scab

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sentinel Pile and Scab

Postby cinduclee » 09 Nov 2015, 01:54

Hello fellow sufferers,
My story began with a cut to the outside ring of my anus while shaving 2 months ago. I am suffering ever since with sentinel piles around the cut and intense itching mostly at night but also sometimes throughout the day. I asked an online dermatologist if I should keep the wound wet or dry. He told me to keep the area wet. I was using aloe vera and olive oil after cleaning the area. I since stopped because I was itching so bad I needed to see if I developed a fungal rash due to the moisture. Now I have noticed a scab has formed over the cut. It has produced sentinel piles also. I do not know what to do now? It still itches all the time now. Do I do sitz baths to loosen up the scab or let it naturally heal away???So please give me some advice for what direction to go in? I will be starting a 3 day fast and just drink liquids. Trying to speed up my bodys healing abilities. This is the worst area to have a cut and heal right. I am not sure also if i should sit on it or lay down for the majority of my day?

Thank you to whomever responds to me. :thankyou:
cinduclee

Topics: 3

Re: Sentinel Pile and Scab

Postby Fissurefrustration » 09 Nov 2015, 05:31

Hi Cinduclee,

Shaving back there requires a good amount of yoga practice for the best of us. Sorry to hear you are still suffering.

I'd suggest regular sitz baths, maybe try aloe gel on the sentinel tags? and do little bits of exercising every day. not too much, not too little - maybe just a walk to the end of the street and back?

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Sentinel Pile and Scab

Postby Savaici » 09 Nov 2015, 06:20

I would suggest that you see a doctor - a CRS - rather than speaking with doctors online. Also, try soaking after a BM, in the meantime and make sure all is clean, and use just Vaseline on the outside and stop everything else. I was allergic to both olive oil (I use excellent olive oil on my food instead) and aloe vera, so if you are itching, I would suggest stopping these in the meantime.

I spent a long time just lying on my side in agony, so do what makes you feel best. But, see a doctor. Intense itching day and night is not something to just leave.

Good luck, and let us know.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222