New to forum - anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

New to forum - anal fissure

Postby Justadream » 21 Nov 2015, 10:03

I''m sadly a new victim of AF... for 10 days or so now... with the unbelievingly intense pain (i mean I would never know it could be that painful if not for my experience) My doctor (whom I don't trust a lot) suggested possible anal fissure and prescribed Nefidipine which doesn't do much from my experience..

Have been drinking a lot of water, maxing the fibers, stopping coffee, using coconut oil and I feel like my evenings are getting better (i usually have the most intense pain in the morning only (and wondering why)) I'm using tylenols and oxycotin to keep the pain to a minimum ...

So my question is : i'm only 10 days in... how long does it have to last before it heal if I apply all the natural tricks (and use nefidipine ? can it make worst btw ?) I know after 2 months or so it would be considered a chronic one but how long should I wait before considering my current plan is not efficient ? any suggestion ??

thanks a lot for the help !
Justadream

Topics: 1

Re: New to forum - anal fissure

Postby Hafzaal » 21 Nov 2015, 10:17

Unfortunately, there is no correct answer here. Everyone is different and heals dofferently. I personally havent used nefidipine but from whag I've heard it can take anywhere between 4-6 weeks.

My first fissure which I had three years ago was one where I had intense pain literally all day after my morning bowel movement. That healed in around a months time after going to a TCM clinic.

I got a flare up this year back in August from which I didn't really get any pain but just some irritation every now and then which lasted for around 15-20 minutes. From August to now it has been healing and I experience much less irritation now. So as you can see from both times the healing process varied significantly.
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Justadream » 21 Nov 2015, 10:36

So tell me - when you said after going to a TCM clinic - what exactly happened at that clinic ?? did they prescribe or do anything to help you heal or you just went the natural way (and it took about a month) ??
Justadream

Postby Hafzaal » 21 Nov 2015, 11:03

They put herbs in my bum every day for three weeks. They also did an acupuncture which did hurt but the day after I started feeling so much better. It was a relief!
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Postby Hafzaal » 21 Nov 2015, 11:20

I haven't tried to go all natural if thats what you were wondering. I really didn't want to do nothing only to find out its not healing because my fissure was pretty bad when I got it; could barely sit, stand or even drive. Do you see blood after a bowel movement?
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Postby Justadream » 21 Nov 2015, 12:36

once every 3-4 days.. most of the time no blood just major pain.
Justadream

Postby Savaici » 21 Nov 2015, 14:08

Just a dream, I have split your topic. Easier than being on someone else's...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Kari-bee » 22 Nov 2015, 23:33

Sorry to hear you've got it bad right now. Just one thought -- isn't the Oxy constipating? I would be very careful with opiate pain relievers, not only are they constipating but also very addictive. Have you tried Ibuprofen? I think the Nifedepine takes a while to work, so try to be patient and hang in there.

Good luck,
Karen
Kari-bee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby Hafzaal » 23 Nov 2015, 15:18

And another flare up is here. I am so sick of these ups and downs. Seriously considering surgery at this point. Even though my pain level is minimum when it does happen, I just want to put this annoyance behind me and move on!
Hafzaal
Salt Bather