New to the group--lots of pain

Anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the group--lots of pain

Postby Alby1977 » 21 Nov 2015, 03:48

Hi all....

So I am new, wished i wasnt but here I am.. i started having awful pain when passing my stool I thought I just aggravated my hemrroids, apparently not lol.. went to the gastroenterologist today she looked and I have a fissure. she had given me Lidocaine gel, nitroglycerin gel, a liquid stool softener and she said take sitz baths.

The nitroglycerin gel my pharmacy had to order it, cannot get that until monday morning. what can do???? it hurts so bad to poop lol that I cry.... I cannot live like this.... Any help would be appreciated.

Albert :groan:
Alby1977

Topics: 1

Re: New to the group--lots of pain

Postby Fissurefrustration » 21 Nov 2015, 11:40

Hey Albert,

Firstly - welcome to the forum, we are more like a family here :) Feel free to vent any time you need to.

What creams do you have at home? keep up with the sitz baths and pain relief. there is a plethura of information here on the AF support forum so have a read through but please remember no results are instant and listen to your body.

Keep strong and take it easy.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: New to the group--lots of pain

Postby Canadabum » 24 Nov 2015, 16:09

Alby -- how goes it?

Hopefully you got your nitro gel and have begun using it. Remember it will take time to make a difference -- we are all different in this respect but I would bank on a few weeks minimum to 7/8 weeks to see real impact on the pain front.

Sitz baths are good -- i found a full on bath better for me...try both and see what works better for you. Increase fibre but not too much as if you overdo it you will find your stools much larger and harder to pass.

I found sitting on heating pads as much as possible helpful for the pain and helpful to stimulate blood flow to the region which should help in healing.

Also -- potty positioning can help. Check out squatty potty for the idea of proper positioning...you can use a stack of books, step-stools etc...or by the real thing.

Hope each day is a bit easier.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19