Small pain relief tip you might find stupid but kinda works

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Small pain relief tip you might find stupid but kinda works

Postby SurvivorX » 30 Nov 2015, 03:34

Hi all - 1 year and 3 months sufferer here. Recently I discovered that after doc exam he sticks a small pile of gauze in the anus. After the exam I decided to just leave it there for a day since the contact with the foreign tissue kind of distracted me from the fissure itself and thinking and obsessing about it all day and strangely enough while wearing it - no pain is present - just slight irritation from time to time. My problem like for most of you is partly psychological ( I fear the fissure so much its obsessive) so I plan to create the same amount of gauze piles for each day of the week and just wear them the whole day. Maybe the presence of the gauze also prevents skin walls over there rubbing against each other - causing irritation- could very well be.
I realize that this is the most stupid pain relief idea you ever heard but at least for me for today it works, hope it stays that way and I`ll keep you posted. Pls share your thoughts.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Small pain relief tip you might find stupid but kinda wo

Postby Savaici » 30 Nov 2015, 05:54

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I hope it gives some relief to you, though keeping a "foreign" body there you may just risk infection after a period of time. But, not having done this or heard of this before, I don't know. I would imagine that it would act as a form of dilation and in this way bring some relief.

Let us know!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby SurvivorX » 30 Nov 2015, 13:24

Thanks for the welcome note Savaici :) Its a sterile medical gauze Ill change every day so I dont think it will cause infection at some point. Also most of the AF pain comes from sweat and body fluids/parts of feces coming out of that area so my hopes are this will soak them up and also act as dilator. So far its working - Ill continue with this and keep you posted.

Ps. When doing this I always keep in mind something my doctor said. No matter how many times we close your 1 cm long fissure if theres only 1 mm open - it will still cause pain. So by doing this Im stimulating all the nerves at that area at the same time trying to ignore that 1 mm.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Camry » 19 Aug 2018, 08:21

I usually use tp and put it in between my butt cheeks to act as a dilator as well but might be causing irritation in the long run...

The sterile gauze i might consider it also...
Anyone out there with the same routine?
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12