Fistula Surgery Help Needed!!!!

Packing the wound post-op

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Fistula Surgery Help Needed!!!!

Postby msimon » 22 Nov 2015, 21:02

Best wishes for our appointment on the 24th. Let us know how it goes.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 26 Nov 2015, 21:43

Hello everybody , happy thanksgiving . yesterday it was the last follow up went to my CRS he did a small exam check he confirmed that everything healed 100% (fissure+skintag+fistula) I was half happy because he also confirmed about the Pilonadal Cyst he said that a hard and stubborn disease and there is no magic operation to cure it for ever ,he said if he excise the cyst it will make a huge wound that will take months of painful packing to heal due to area (cleft Medline of the buttocks) and he said even it heal there is a high chance of recurrence , so right now Im not in alot of pain but i m still looking for more info to deal with it , like I said before please if any info from other sources or any idea it will be appreciated . thanks again
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby chachacha » 26 Nov 2015, 21:52

Great to hear that your appointment went well and all else is now good. I hope that someone else can pipe in with some help on the Cyst front too. Hopefully there is some other form of treatment that you can try. Good luck.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby salamon555 » 26 Nov 2015, 22:40

Thank you chacha very much , yes I find an other forum www.pilonidal.org , Savaici post it for me , I still looking into it( my english is weak) . anyway I hope a healthy life to everybody . thx
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 26 Nov 2015, 22:49

Salamon - so
Glad to hear that the fissure has healed. You richly deserve that news!! It is ridiculous that you are now confronted with this cyst...which from my limited understanding is most likely an abcess. As with the fissure...make sure you consult experts and docs who deal just with that issue. We are all different so get an individual assessment as soon as you can. We are all thinking of you, sending you a ton of strength and best wishes. Keep us posted.
Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby painindabutt » 28 Nov 2015, 17:35

Glad to hear your fistula and fissure has healed correctly! It sucks that you have a cyst now though. I had problems with pilonidal cyst about 10 years ago a bit below my tailbone. Unfortunately for me it took 3 surgeries before it finally healed for good, but for some people it heals after one surgery. My mother had one when she was younger (back in the 1970s) and it healed after one surgery. My first two surgeries were at the Mayo clinic, but it wasn't until I went to a different colo rectal Surgeon that the surgery finally worked. It could have just been a coincidence though. The packing the wound part of the recovery is by far the worst part of it. Luckily I had someone who could do it for me while I clenched my teeth. The 3rd surgery (the one that worked) also had a different way of packing the wound. The first 2 were basically just sticking gauze in it whereas the 3rd surgery they had me pack it with a thin strip of sort of zigzag packing. Again it could have just been a coincidence but that was the one that worked. If possible you will probably need a week or two off of work. I tried going back to work a few days after one of my surgeries and even with pain pills it was too uncomfortable to sit and I think it hurt the healing process.

Anyway glad to hear you have healed from the fistula and hope you find a way to fix the pilonidal cyst.
painindabutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby salamon555 » 29 Nov 2015, 01:43

Thank you so very much for the replay and Im very happy that you come to help me with ur experience , yes Im glad that I get red of the other problems but Pilonidal disease is very painful , my CRS said when it get very excruciating he will excise it and I have to do the packing and its gonne takes months to heal , from what I heard the chance of reoccurrence is very high , and I heard that there is a procedure it called Cleft-lift bascom it has a high rate success , have you heard about it ? what kind of surgery did you had ? how long it take you to heal ? Thank you so much
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Shania213 » 04 Dec 2015, 04:40

I really feel for you-honestly I do. I really do hope you get better soon. It sounds miserable,.......but with anything time heals everything eventually. My mum is quite a poorly lady with many things-she had surgery and she thought her wound would never heal..........................form a leg operation but even her wound healed ....it just took longer. Why not count your progress every 2 months before you decide its not healing.
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby painindabutt » 05 Dec 2015, 01:28

salamon555 wrote:Thank you so very much for the replay and Im very happy that you come to help me with ur experience , yes Im glad that I get red of the other problems but Pilonidal disease is very painful , my CRS said when it get very excruciating he will excise it and I have to do the packing and its gonne takes months to heal , from what I heard the chance of reoccurrence is very high , and I heard that there is a procedure it called Cleft-lift bascom it has a high rate success , have you heard about it ? what kind of surgery did you had ? how long it take you to heal ? Thank you so much

I've read about the cleft lift and that's probably the way I'd go if I was having the surgery now. I don't know the exact name of the surgeries I had but they were basically cutting out/excising all the bad stuff then leaving a hole to pack and let it slowly fill back in with healthy tissue. With all 3 of the surgeries I felt pretty much fully healed after 2-4 months (and was able to go to school/work after just a couple weeks). Unfortunately after the first 2 surgeries it starting flaring up again within 6-12 months so I had to go back for more surgery eventually. The 3rd surgery finally fixed it though. It's been about 10 years and no sign of it coming back. :D

I hope you can find a good solution to help you out. You've been through a lot already but some day it will all be behind you.
painindabutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby salamon555 » 06 Dec 2015, 21:10

Thank you body , endless I hope I can make it , Im so tired from one surgery to an other , I really need a little break , I wish a fast recovery to all of us
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist