Chronic Anal Fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Chronic Anal Fissure

Postby Wydis » 10 Dec 2015, 20:35

Please help me I have been dealing with a chronic anal fissure for the last 5 months now. My anal fissure at this point seems semi healed as I experience no terrible pains during or after defecation nor bleeding. However, there is this light burning irritation afterwards that persists up to a day after bowel movements. Every other day the irritation goes away and starts to heal. Unfortunately, I am a walker and I notice that I can't walk much more than 30 minutes at a time before I feel the fissure reopen. My doctor gave me 2.5 percent hydrocortisone cream to apply on it each twice daily for 7 days, but the cream only makes it worse and more liable to reopenings. The anal fissure is a stubborn nuisance more than anything at this point and I would very much appreciate your input on what I should do to stop this cycle and make full recovery.
Wydis

Topics: 1

Re: Chronic Anal Fissure

Postby Savaici » 10 Dec 2015, 20:45

Do ask your doctor either for Diltiazem or Nifedipine ointment or nitro. These are what can help a fissure. Hydrocortisone only thins the skin and does nothing for a fissure.

There is a lot of information to be had on here under the section where you have posted. Usual things are: use Miralax, make sure you do not overdo the fibre, use a Sitz Bath to soak, drink enough water and see a colon and rectal surgeon if you have not done so already.

Also, we have a great search above, between FAQ and Portal above. There you can search by topic as well as message text.

And :wel: to the Forum!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222