benzo withdrawal

benzo withdrawal ad fissures

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

benzo withdrawal

Postby Shania213 » 13 Dec 2015, 05:43

Hi is anyone currently tapering off a benzo and also has anal fissures?

Thanks

Shania

:smilyhug:
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: benzo withdrawal

Postby Manitourose » 13 Dec 2015, 09:38

I've been on benzos and dealt with AF. However, mine answer is pointing more to a health condition now. Not sure which and what medications may predispose a person. I know many anti-convulsants, anti-depressants and so forth can cause digestive issues.
I looked a bit and saw a few posts here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index ... ic=50516.0

My thoughts would be that withdrawal is very stressful physically and emotionally. I am a firm believer in that emotional/physical stress can play a direct role in fissures.
Also be sure to use the search feature on the top right to check. Perhaps others have had a similar experience in the past.
Manitourose

Postby Shania213 » 17 Jan 2016, 06:50

Hi Thanks

Basically mine is a reaction to that although not many people get it. My neurologist says that over time all will heal up on its own. My anal fissure pain now comes and goes. Sometimes its there and sometimes you wouldn't know I had one. It hasn't hurt like the initial stages for 5 weeks now. I do get on and off burning in the anal canal and spasms. I never know which is which.

So I react to all medications now too and the stool softner caused so much anxiety. That's why I kept coming on here in a panic. I was reacting to the stool softner. Now I find a spoonful of olive oil does exact same thing as a stool softner for me..no difference except I react far less to the olive oil.

Im on the benzo boards already. Some heal it quick with coconut oil and one person I know had surgery but I don't think she tried the natural route as she was so sick from the withdrawal.

Should mine come back I need to try and at least seal it with hemoclin or olive/coconut oil until I make a full recovery from withdrawal

Shania
Shania213
Salt Bather

Postby Shania213 » 03 Feb 2016, 16:20

ok ...not having a good time again- retore and cant poop
Shania213
Salt Bather

Postby Manitourose » 03 Feb 2016, 16:51

Shania213,

I hate to hear this. Retearing is the worst! Not sure if you answered this before but have they looked at why you end up not being able to have BMs? I know everyone is different. I have a sister who has constipation beyond constipation. Many years ago she fainted in a store because she had not been able to have a bowel movement in over 2 weeks. She was hospitalized but they did determine that some internal sphincter (I think... and likely it's triggered by nerve signals I'd imagine) was not as a normal person's would be. So her body doesn't get her going.

I know you can't take a lot of meds either. Not suggesting this but enema's are supposed to get things going. I had to do 2 of them previous to surgery and boy did it happen quickly as it said. However, I caution unless instructed by a doctor as having a fistula or fissure it does burn. But it is less of a medicine route. Hopefully others have some suggestions too.

Sorry again! Mine has been angry lately too, I feel you on the retear part.
Manitourose