Strong bowel contractions

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Strong bowel contractions

Postby cracked82 » 27 Dec 2015, 06:03

Apologies if this has already been asked, I've been looking around the forum and couldn't find anything.

It's been around 10 months since I had my hemmies banded. Just prior to that I got myself into a routine with Magnesium and the fissure I had slowly healed and I felt great. Over the past month or so I have been experiencing IBS symptoms of having loose motions one day and being constipated the next. But there's one particular thing that has made the situation a lot worse that I want to ask others about.

When feeling the urge to go to the toilet, does anyone else get an "over contraction" of their bowels? I would describe it as an unorganised evacuation where everything is trying to get out at once. The pain is excruciating. I feel it happening and have to try and hold it all in whilst the contraction goes away, then I take control and empty my bowels in a slower, more controlled way. This leaves me with a very painful rectum. There was some blood on the toilet tissue and I'm now wondering if I've got a new fissure. So annoyed this might have happened after nearly 12 months of no problems.
cracked82
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Strong bowel contractions

Postby msimon » 27 Dec 2015, 14:59

Are your BMs loose? Are you regular? What supplements are you taking? Do you drink caffeine?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby cracked82 » 28 Dec 2015, 04:18

Hi.

I have loose motions followed by hard stools - changes almost daily. I drink very little caffeine, mostly 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Not every day. I take magnesium supplements daily.

Thanks
cracked82
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby msimon » 28 Dec 2015, 11:58

Do you drink enough water, every day? Have you tried a stool softener? What about keeping a food/fluid diary?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64