Syringing water or olive/coconut oil into the anus to soften

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Syringing water or olive/coconut oil into the anus to soften

Postby jinglecy » 20 Feb 2012, 07:45

Hello everybody,
Could not pass anything this morning as was in so much pain I just had to stop, tried a couple of more times but it felt like I had a tennis ball in there, but I really needed to go badly. I had a few glasses of wine last night so I thought maybe I am dehydrated, so I found a large syringe (without the needle of course) and half filled it with warm water and injected the water inside, it was very comfortable to do as the tip of the syringe is very small and just sits at the entrance, you don’t need to insert it. Did this a few times, waited a while to let the water soften the stool and then tried again, it was still a little painful but it all came out very quickly and easily….Thank God!
I think I will try this method again whether I am having problems or not, I may try olive or coconut oil aswell. Do you think this is ok to do?
Any comments appreciated.
jinglecy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Syringing water or olive/coconut oil into the anus to soften

Postby Baba » 20 Feb 2012, 09:17

I have been doing this for years whenever my fissure acts up. It is very helpful and softens up the "tennis ball" that would otherwise cause you to tear more. I use a little bulb syringe - it even goes with me when we travel, just in case.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby workingonit » 20 Feb 2012, 14:53

Thanks for the info!
I also read that glycerine sups are good in those cases as well.
A nurse on the provincial hotline told me to go lie down and drink a lot of water and then try again later. This worked, but I think the front end was still a little harder than i would have liked (sorry TMI).
Next time I'll do both that and your solution!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby jinglecy » 25 Feb 2012, 11:54

Hi again,
Grateful Ed wrote that olive oil is your friend, and boy was he right. If it helps anyone out there instead of water (as it can make things a little sore) I have been syringing in about 5ml of olive oil every night for the past few days and had great BM the next morning, I made myself relax and I just seemed to go quite easily, with no pain, I have also done it when I feel a BM coming on, just be careful if you suffer with flatulence as you may have a bit of an oily accident : )
love and luck to all x
jinglecy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Baba » 25 Feb 2012, 16:08

The mind picture that "oily accident" conjured up in my mind still makes me laugh - silly me, but we may as well laugh as cry, right?
Thanks for the idea, I did it when I was using the dilator, because I always fear it's not lubricated enough as it goes in. This way it's very well lubricated and I got the smallest dilator almost in all the way. I've come a long way considering it wouldn't even go in half way at first.
Another thought - some obstetricians and midwives advise moms-to-be to massage the vaginal opening with vit E oil to relax the area before birth. My daughter did this and managed to birth her not tiny baby without tearing or an episiostomy. She thinks I should do the same with my anal spincter, ... the dilator works well for that as I don't really like putting my fingers up there.
Anyway I'm going to try the oil retention enema tonight and hope I don't have an "oily accident" :D
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby rasmith3530 » 25 Feb 2012, 20:32

Interesting idea. Will have to put this on my discussion list for the CRS.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: Syringing water or olive/coconut oil into the anus to so

Postby Yolzy » 29 Dec 2015, 17:11

Hey Baba, what do u mean dilator? Are u using a thing like a butt plug? (Sorry I just read about a guy using that to help him). Where do u buy the dilator from ? Thanks
Yolzy

Postby Savaici » 29 Dec 2015, 20:14

Read the posts on dilation, Yoizy. Use the search facility between FAQ and Portal above, where you can search by topic. Where you have put your post is a thread from three years ago.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Yolzy » 29 Dec 2015, 20:37

Thanks , I thought maybe she can come back to see it..ok I will do that.. X
Yolzy