Wheatgrass

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Wheatgrass

Postby Aussiebum » 27 Dec 2015, 07:42

Hi all, I have read a lot about Wheatgrass helping/curing AF.

I would like to know if it has been helpfull in the treatment of AF to forum users.

I am currently taking magnesium, Coloxyl, sith baths and bucket loads of coconut oil. And it has helped. However after a BM I am in pain for hours. The BM is not painfull, its the pain afterwards.

I am on a low income and the price of Wheatgrass is considerable.

Any and all input will be appreciated.
Aussiebum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Wheatgrass

Postby Canadabum » 27 Dec 2015, 14:16

Aussiebum - I never used the stuff - however, there are a bunch of posts on this site from people who have tried it and reported. Type in wheatgrass is the search function.

That said - I can tell you that if it were really effective my guess is that many of us would be talking about it and suggesting it to others - but that is not the case. From my research it seems to have limited to no success for people and as you say - it's expensive to boot. So my two cents is to avoid it.

As for your pain post bm - try taking some ibuprofen before your bm to help and if you can, after your post bm warm sitz bath sit on a very warm heating pad for 10-20 mins if you can.

How many times are you going to the bathroom a day? Do you use a step stool or something to help simulate a squat - this is also helpful to reduce general pressure when going to the loo.

Best - CB
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Aussiebum » 28 Dec 2015, 04:52

Canadabum thanks for the input. I missed the search feature. I agree that if wheatgrass worked it would be talked about more.

The sitz baths and hot water bottle are magic.

Squatting seems to make it hurt more? This may sound weird and gross, but I find standing up and going is the least painfull. Lucky I have a creek that runs through my property and I can just stand in it and do my business. At this stage I am willing to do anything to relive the discomfort.

Again thanks for the input.
Aussiebum
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 28 Dec 2015, 08:50

Doesn't sound weird at all...what great luck to have the creek. Even if I had one near my place I'd literally freeze parts off during the winter by doing that.

Which fissure cream are you using and how many times a day?

Are you able to go from the creek to a warm sitz bath or heating pad? One other activity that helped me mentally and physically during my worst pain days was swimming. It was a good meditative time as well as generally good being in warm salt water.

Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Aussiebum » 29 Dec 2015, 06:20

We dont have a winter in my part of Auss. Cant remember the last time of put a jumper on.

Doc gave me Retogesic, apply twice a day. Its to early to know if it is being affective. I think it has given me a rash down there as as I get a really bad burning felling. Like if you have a bad case of the runs. Going back to the doc for a professional opinion.

Yer after every BM I jump into a sitz bath. The sitz baths, water bottles and coconut oil have been a life saver.

I find working or keeping busy keeps my mind of the problem.

Regards Auusiebum
Aussiebum
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 29 Dec 2015, 08:48

I found nifedipine to be the best cream for me...dilttiazem gave me a rash and rectogesic made me light headed.
Canadabum

Postby Fissurefrustration » 30 Dec 2015, 09:05

Just my 5 cents but gtn didn't work for me and wheatgraso give me the most horrible reaction I had a rash from here to next Tuesday.

The only thing I don't react to is coconut oil but here I am 3 years on still here....
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56