Anal Fissure First Time

Advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal Fissure First Time

Postby jma1024 » 29 Dec 2015, 09:27

Hi all I believe I have given myself an anal fissure on Sunday morning. My stool was really hard and it felt like it was cutting into me as it was coming out. I think it was hard because of the holiday I was running so much and wasn't drinking enough liquid usually my stool isn't that hard. There was some bright red spots on the stool and the toilet paper needless to say it freaked me out went to Dr. Google as it was a Sunday no doctor to go to and the hospital can be a 3hr wait if you're not in excruciating pain. I am pretty confident it is an anal fissure everything I've read the last 3 days about them add up to what I am feeling right now.

Yesterday I had a BM and it hurt a bit but there was no more blood which lifted my spirits a little, and this morning I had even less pain with my BM and again no blood. I am not in agonizing pain like I've read some are. I've been drinking a lot of water making sure I am hydrated and I believe it's working as my stool is softer and I am not having to force it out. I have health anxiety as it is so I am nervous and unfortunately for me when I am nervous it makes me go number 2 more than I normally go which only agitates the fissure more.

I guess I am looking for any advice. I've read a lot of different things that they can heal on their own in a few weeks just takes time, eating right, drinking enough to keep stool soft. I've read some on this forum have been dealing with theirs for 6 months to even over a year so I am not sure what to believe. I am not really in any pain other than when I have a BM. I've been going about my daily routine with no issues.
jma1024

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Fissure First Time

Postby Hafzaal » 29 Dec 2015, 17:44

It can take up to 6 weeks for a fissure to heal on its own. If it doesnt heal till then, then its chronic and hard to get rid of. I'd know because I just hit the 5 month mark and now I believe I am healed while on the other hand the last time I got one, I healed in 3 weeks.

I'd recommend going to a doctor and getting a Diltiazem prescription. Your chances of healing are high as your fissure is in the acute stage right now. Good luck!
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby jma1024 » 31 Dec 2015, 10:28

Thank you. I haven't gone to the doctor yet. So far my BM haven't really hurt at all since typing my first post still no blood the only thing is after a BM while there's very minimal pain I get these annoying spasms. I read on this forum a lot of people get spasms so guess that's typical.
jma1024

Postby Canadabum » 31 Dec 2015, 12:27

JMA1024...welcome to the forum.

I agree with Hafzaal...better to be cautious at this point than to risk this turning chronic. Go to your doc asap and get some fissure cream (nitro, nifedipine or diltiazem) and start using.

Also -- make sure the area is clean after each bm by taking a bath/sitz bath, use heat on the area to stimulate blood flow and continue to drink lots of water and eat a good amount of fibre in your diet.

Good luck,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Savaici » 31 Dec 2015, 14:19

You may have just 'hurt' your spincter through being constipated and having BM that was a bit harder than usual. My advice: if it does not improve over the next few days to the extent that you can regard it as gone, then see a doctor and get something for it. Same advice as above as to what is best to use. Good luck!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jma1024 » 31 Dec 2015, 14:36

Thanks for both replies. Yeah see I am feeling improvement already since Sunday I don't know if I would even call it pain more of a discomfort this morning. I wasn't in agonizing pain when it happened either it hurt but I've dealt with a lot more pain in my life than that. It didn't make me lose my breath or double over nowhere close to passing out nothing like that at all.

The main reason I haven't gone to the doctor is it's feeling better and no more signs of blood. The second reason with health insurance seeing a doctor in the U.S. costs a lot even more if they prescribed something. I always just give it some time see if it goes away on it's own with proper care. I've been using a heating pad, drinking more water, not forcing a BM. This weekend is a holiday so not getting in today or tomorrow anyways so just going to keep doing the home remedies this holiday weekend see how I feel on Monday. If it gets worse or just doesn't feel like it's improving anymore on it's own I will definitely seek help.
jma1024