Anal tears, like little papercuts. Please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal tears, like little papercuts. Please help

Postby jcl1994 » 03 Jan 2016, 23:21

Hi everyone!
I've been looking all over the internet to find someone with a similar issue. Since I can remember, I've had instances where my anus will get a little tear and bleed when I pass a stool. It never happened very much, until like 7 months ago when it started to occur every two weeks or so. I get a few papercut-like tears around my anus that bleed when I poop and then heal up in a couple days before happening again. They never really hurt, but I can sometimes feel a tiny sharp pain when I pass a stool and then oftentimes there is some bright red blood on the toilet paper. The cuts are always very shallow. Sometimes there is just one at a time and other times there are 2 or 3 (not as often). Also worth mentioning - the cuts are usually in different places and don't fall under the typical fissure location (on the midline). I've been trying to watch what I eat and I've been taking fiber supplements for like 4 months now. I have been so concerned and just want to know if anyone knows what could be causing this. My mind always leaps to cancer... Could it be a food allergy? Or could my anal muscles just be abnormally tight? Please please please help. It's giving me so much anxiety. Thank you so much in advance :)
jcl1994

Topics: 1

Re: Anal tears, like little papercuts. Please help

Postby Canadabum » 04 Jan 2016, 17:51

Hi jcl1994 -- Welcome to the forum!!

I dont have any specific answers for you -- just thoughts:

Sounds to me like you might consider speaking with a dermatologist...do you have particularly sensitive or thin skin? I think that Owmybum had a similar issue at one point with sensitive skin -- you may want to read through her diary to get a sense -- also use the search function on the site to see what others are writing about thin or sensitive skin..

Our minds play wicked tricks on us and it is our job to try and ignore the chattering and focus on reality...I would start by seeing your doc, perhaps getting a consult with a CRS who has likely seen this sort of thing hundreds if not thousands of times...perhaps consulting with a dermatologist as well.

All best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: Anal tears, like little papercuts. Please help

Postby Fissurefrustration » 12 Jan 2016, 12:22

I had the same problem! I still don't know what caused it and they didn't want to refer me to a Derm. I had two large fissures one at 6 and one at 12 but when they were healing I'd get a multidude of tiny cuts around the sphincter and any cream would send the area into a huge rash. what worked for me was putting through the pain with an anti-fungal cream like clotrimazole. I found what caused it was all the moisture down there from repeated sitz baths, creams, etc etc caused an infection and the clotrimazole sorted it. (Make sure there's no steroid in it!! if there is only use it short term as it thins the skin) It didn't heal my two big fissures but it helped cut the pain in half.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56