Thrombosed Hemorrhoid:how long the healing takes?

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Thrombosed Hemorrhoid:how long the healing takes?

Postby Sana12 » 12 Jan 2016, 17:26

Hello. I have thrombosed hemmie that grew out of skin tag/sentinel pile after having LIS. Surgeon doesn't want to do anything invasive since initial surgery was only 5 days ago. I was told to lie in bed with my legs up, apply ice and wait. I soak in a bath tub and keep area clean. Can't put any ointment because of ulcerated area. All together hurts a lot!!! :groan: Pain killers doesn't work.
My question: how long this might take? I am exhausted of pain and running out of treatment options.
Sana12
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Thrombosed Hemorrhoid:how long the healing takes?

Postby Savaici » 12 Jan 2016, 19:54

:smilyhug: :smilyhug: A thrombosed hemmie is very painful and sometimes happens after LIS. If your surgeon has suggested what he has suggested, you will just have to 'sit it out'. I had one and it was operated on, but I had not had LIS. Sorry for the pain, but it will subside soon. Big hug!!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby chachacha » 12 Jan 2016, 20:54

My CRS told me that a thrombosed hemmorhoid takes about 14 days to resolve and the pain is worst from about days 7 - 10. After that, it gets better quite quickly. I've had three, and that time frame seems quite accurate. I hope that your next few days go by fast!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Sana12 » 24 Jan 2016, 17:15

:goodnews: Hello, I feel better now! The improvement started on day 10-11, so chachacha's prediction :thankyou: was quite accurate. Hemmie started been less painful, ulcer on top of it disappear along with discharge and starting from the 3rd week it shrank in size. Now it's smaller than a hypertrophic skin tag which it attached to it (it's my 2 heads dragon, ha-ha). I still have shouting pain from time to time, discomfort during the day, trouble with wiping, especially at work, but it's nothing comparing to a 2 weeks nightmare. I am back to work after 11 days from LIS, sitting on a discret doughnut pillow which ironically gives me back pain. I will see my surgeon in a month to check on dragon and the treatment options.
Sana12
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby chachacha » 24 Jan 2016, 17:33

I'm really sorry to hear that I was right, and that you didn't improve much sooner. VERY HAPPY to hear that you've done so now though.

I had back pain following LIS too, from lying on my side too long. Donut pillows can sometimes be helpful right after surgery, but they are also known to cause hemmorhoids, so I would try to avoid using one as soon as you can. I found that a very soft (full) pillow was even better, because I didn't have to "balance" on it (that's what is probably causing your back to ache).

Good luck with the rest of your recovery and I hope that all goes well at your followup appointment.

:cheerleader:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19