Scared... can somebody tell me what this is?

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Re: Scared... can somebody tell me what this is?

Postby Nicolay » 16 Jan 2016, 05:16

m_cush ... sorry, may have described a bit wrong.
With me the surgeon cut to the side of the site until the blood vessel became visible, tied it off so that it can't supply the hemmie with blood any longer. The hemmies are still there, but are not inflating with blood no more.
Nicolay
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby m_cush » 16 Jan 2016, 12:09

Nico I really wish I knew what Surgery you had because that sounds like something I could tolerate. That definitely doesn't sound like Traditional Hemorroidectomy though because the pain from that is supposed to be extreme for 7-10 days. I haven't talked to anybody that said it was a breeze.
m_cush
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby chachacha » 16 Jan 2016, 14:16

I'm curious too. Banding doesn't usually require a hospital stay, so it probably isn't that, but as you say, m_cush, it's definitely not a standard hemmorhoidectomy either.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby m_cush » 16 Jan 2016, 14:24

I'm still so scared as to what I'm going through.

I had to take another set of Pictures because I lost the ones on my Camera. These ones show every thing much clearer and it's much worse. I'm having a very hard time dealing with this right now. I'm really scared as to what my Colon Rectal Surgeon is going to say because they don't really look like Hemorrhoids any more. I don't know what they are but I'm scared.
m_cush
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 16 Jan 2016, 21:54

Hi m_cush.

You might like to read this link which describes the stapled hemorroidectomy as not being too painful, though I would hesitate to say that it is without pain having never had the surgery myself.

Do suggest, if you are worrying, to see your CRS sooner rather than later.

Would just like to mention, if you put up more photos, please make sure to put them under a spoiler as I did for you with the original photos you uploaded. :thankyou:

http://cccrs.tripod.com/PPH.html
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Nicolay » 16 Jan 2016, 23:27

Hi.

The op I had was neither banding nor stapled. Not sure why the pain was so minimal, but one thing that helped was that I was so elated to have finally done it. The other part was that the surgeon is really good, caring and came highly recommended.

You have some time before your op, so use it to speak to people about who they would recommend.

Over the past few years, talking openly about my issues, it has become evident that like 80% of the people around me have had 'bum stuff' going on. Shocking statistic but very helpful in figuring out a plan of action. This is no more embarrassing than a sprained ankle!

So while a bit of fear is healthy, do not let it take over and just get on with gathering as much info as you can, then set out to sort it out with pure determination!

Wishing you much strength!
Nicolay
Fibre Addict

Postby m_cush » 21 Jan 2016, 07:10

Nico, now that I've done quite a bit of reading about these Operations yours sounds like the THD/HALO Treatment. It's not the Traditional Surgery but I'm glad that you said it was almost pain free. Have you had any problems with Hemorrhoids since? There are not many people that have had your type of Surgery as it's one of the more modern methods of handling this issue.

I'm already going to see one of the best Colorectal Surgeons in the World. His name is Doctor Robin Boushey and he specializes in Minimally Invasive Surgeries. That's one of the benefits of living in Canada.

Yeah I know... my Friends say that since Boushey is one of the best at what he does just to listen to him following my Consultation. Whatever he recommends we do, we do.
m_cush
Fibre Addict

Postby Nicolay » 21 Jan 2016, 22:30

That sounds excellent, m_cush! Take comfort in the fact that everything will sorted for you very soon. Yay!

Never had troubles with hemmies since, only spasms. Have changed my lifestyle quite a bit to avoid recurrence though. Lifestyle changes may feel weird for a bit but once they settle, it feels just as normal.

Holding thumbs for you!
Nicolay
Fibre Addict

Postby Sana12 » 24 Jan 2016, 18:10

m_cush, you are lucky to find a good colorectal surgeon where you live, I am in fact don't see any good about Canadian health system. I was told than in Ontario colorectal surgeons are dealing with cancer and not fissure-hemorrhoids, my online search confirmed that. My family physician doesn't know anyone so I was operated by a general surgeon as many others. Now I am looking for a second opinion. Do you know a real proctologist in Toronto area? I can't go to Ottawa where Dr. Boushey is.
Sana12
Fibre Addict

Postby m_cush » 25 Jan 2016, 06:22

I don't know the Toronto Area Health Care System at all. What went wrong in the Operation that you had? I honestly can't believe that Toronto doesn't have any good Colorectal Surgeons because here in Ottawa there are 2 very good Colorectal Surgeons and they work together in a Team. I've found the same thing kind of happens in other Areas of Medicine too because I had major Brain Surgery about 8 years ago and the two best Neurosurgeons worked together as well.
m_cush
Fibre Addict