long term results of LIS

lateral internal sphincterotomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

long term results of LIS

Postby labbo » 04 Mar 2016, 18:57

If you have done lateral internal sphincterotomy longer than a year, could you share your experience please and answer the following questions? if there has been a post for these questions could you refer me to it so I can read the information. Thx

Have you experienced any limitations in terms of your day to day activities?

Have you been able to exercise (like running, hiking, swimming, skiing, etc..)?

Have you been able to control your bowel like before you had AF and LIS?

your sharing is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
labbo

Topics: 1

Re: long term results of LIS

Postby Savaici » 15 Mar 2016, 14:20

Hi labbo and :wel: to the Forum.

A good place to look for the comments on various subjects is via the Search above, between FAQ and Portal, where you can search in various ways, including by topic!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: long term results of LIS

Postby labbo » 15 Mar 2016, 22:40

Hello everyone. God bless you all for sharing your experience with new AF sufferers. I have been dealing with this thing for the last three years and as you all know it is a life changing problem. I was suffering with a lot of pain for a while and got a bit better and had to change my doctor three times to finally find one who understood what my problem was. The new doctor put me on an antibiotic called Metronidazole and the cream Nifedipine. He also asked me to go on a 10 weeks diet of no Dairy, Lime, Lemon, caffeine, alcohol, and pastries. I had two appointments with him. After 10 weeks he told me that I need to do surgery to heal properly. His said my AF is chronic and it is too tight to heal. After following his order and going on diet I was feeling much better and I was thinking to myself if it goes the way it is now I may not need surgery. I started exercising and was slowly doing 250 stairs every day and felt almost %70 there until a day that I decided to go for a 5 KM hike and the last 1.5 K I felt that my AF is acting up again and then I realized that it is not only my diet and not having fiber and water but also a bit of heavy exercise opens up my AF. Since then I decide to do the surgery but am scared of long term effect of it. I have been a very active person all my life and thinking about not being able to do physical activity after the surgery scares the day light out of me. Thank god I found this post and learn more about the issue. My question is if you have done LIS, has it affected your physical activities and have you been able to do the same things as before? Thank you for your response. Best Regards
labbo

Topics: 1