Eating Clean, Hydrating, Exercising, Meditating and Resting

Learning to live and benefiting from my anal fissure.

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Eating Clean, Hydrating, Exercising, Meditating and Resting

Postby Ponder » 20 Mar 2016, 04:11

Righto - I've created a title and given it a description. I've got so many other online journals on the go so figured I may as well keep records on my motivating annul fissure in my quest to find some peace.

Thus far I can confirm eating clean, hydration and several other factors for clean living play an intricate part to remaining pain free. It takes quite some attention to detail with regard to the types and amounts of foods, fluids and all other products consumed. The layering, the mixing, the timing, exposure, stress, sleep and so on.

When able to identify and refrain from the triggers and consume the right mix within all the right variables - I find I am able to exercise. I am currently doing weight training twice a week and have just transitioned off the treadmill onto a grass sports oval for running.

That's just a general overview and an update of where I am at. Hopefully I can simply make observations that help guide me to a routine that allows for long periods of healing and help to further Identity what puts my at risk of re-opening an otherwise healing fissure.

Thus far I have lost over 22kg/48.5lbs and been eating very clean for well over 6 months - and gave up junk food over one year ago. Salt I no longer do. The whole dietary change is fairly complex and for another post.

This will do as an intro. Today sees me on the tail end of a reopened fissure with pain that's lasted all day. Thankfully is now fading. I do note I slipped with my intake and thus today I paid.

Adios ... until next post. ;)
Ponder
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Eating Clean, Hydrating, Exercising, Meditating and Rest

Postby Ponder » 20 Mar 2016, 15:32

Early Morning Assessment:

Morning BM = 5:00 AM - Semi Hard to Softish, BUT not so forth coming.

Initial Pain Level
= Slight discomfort during movement - subsided quickly after shower. I feel encouraged as the pain level is that which will see me pain free until next BM which we will then see.

Digestive Enzymes (I have no gall bladder) D3 - Due to overworked Liver and Past Damage my bodies ability to produce D3 (despite living in Australia) has resulted in a low functioning liver (despite doctors inappropriate gauging levels - I can tell by my skin and other signs) I take B12 as I am primarily eat a plant based diet and also take B6 for synergy reasons. Have just started taking 5-HTP. I really don't want to get into the specifics. This is still fairly new. Other than reportedly being beneficial for depression and a host of other mood related areas, I like the feed back on digestive support. Way to early for me to comment.

Additional Notes - about the supps. ATM - my understanding is based more on how I feel. (only a little technical data re sups - I trust my wife. She is very smart with sups and I'm in tune with how my body responds)

My wife got a diagnosis with multiple sclerosis some years ago. The medications she was put on made her worse. She went off the meds and started researching supps (incidentally, the diagnosis came when we started eating clean during that time [that was a separate research project - eating clean "is" rocket science "this day and age"] )

During the times my wife had flair ups and the times she was put back on medications (all doctors and nurses either scoffed at my wifes alternative methods or simply did not know what she spoke about) she was only found short term relief which quickly subsided and left her feeling worse. (bit like my with mood altering medications which thankfully I no longer take - touch wood on the 5-HTP which is more a supp)

Long story short - my wife has research like hell the arena of Supplementation and we both have an interest in eating clean and identifying the mass of poisons currently sold. The D3 I rate for me as important - the B12 and B6 I am unsure about, but given my circumstances with diet and very very minimal meat (at least looking to eliminate for the purposes of my anual fissure and it's healing) - The digestive enzymes a must for me having no gall bladder - SO - I at least take D3, digestive supps in a strict routine. I must admit, I do feel that the b12 gives me a kick during those times I am lagging and or if I take it too late in the day it can keep me awake. I am also careful with the doses. I prefer to take just under rather than above and work my way up slowly then back down to find the right dose which I also to not set as absolute.

MY my - I am going on. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
I Soak a lot of me food and when I do not - My BM's are not so forth coming. I avoid nuts and seeds - When I do consume them, I will soak almonds for 24 hours! with a good dose of food grade Organic Apple Cider. That other garbage sold on the shelf in plastic bottles ... imo - is best left sitting on the shelf, like all the rest of the packaged food. I soak rice for 24 hours and put in a touch of apple cider as well ... only eat the brown and avoid wheat as much as possible. Again ... when I do not soak my grains, or eat wheat and especially when adding red meat ... I end up heading towards pain regarding the annul fissure.

The whole process of what's come before, the junk food - the abuse I have put myself through, the consumption pattern and unhealthy living, the quick fixes, the removing of body parts and so on ... are all conducive to the resulting years of constipation and the eventual tearing of ones ass hole. Ya live and ya learn I guess.

Time to go to Gym - Sigh ... I am not a people person. I really need to work on my meditation. I'm good for the topic, but not so good at the practice. that is to say of recent as I've been working on my fitness which the drive in that, has negated what's as or if not more important ... my state of mind. I've found that works wonders when the BM's are not so forth coming.

This affliction which has brought me here, is both a bane and quite the teacher. I kind of have to be zen in all that I do in order to be a peace with the pain.
Keep hydrated - put blinkers on down at the gym ... keep spirited (that helps a lot!) - Eat lots of watery fruits as I know they help ... (best way to hydrate as well as constantly sip "clean filtered water") - keep soaking and "home" processing (big job eating clean, although never used to be until post 1800's) - keep a check on exercise intensity - remain body away for both that and consumption - start doing some more meditation!!! - (requires slow filling of the cup over time ... one of the few methods left I need to take more seriously) - Plan ahead with regard to home dynamics/others and whatever triggers - Stick with Salads in the evenings - keep off the salt your doing well with that!!! - keep making your prune juice that works well too - no more meats whatsoever for the next few weeks and see how that goes, in fact up the cold press juicing on an empty tummy and check the whites of your eyes ... and above all ... keep going with the half lemon squeezed into 1 cup of filtered water as soon as you rise.

Yadda yadaa yadda ... A lot of work. However ... it's all starting to begin to fall into place. Next trick is to make up more of a list for quick reference for my average day ... OH YEA - enjoy the new lighter you with your running.

I'm really enjoying the transition off the treadmill into the fields re my running.
I'm going to beat this damn thing - It will be the new making of my 50 year old self when such time arrives. Been over a year in the making and I intend it to take another 3 before reaching any kind of point that will again see my not seeing anything in particular. I don't mind the man in the mirror, but not overly fussy with the looking.

I smile to think - what ever possessed me to join that damn gym. SIGH - I know - or now I do ... I make it nothing more than yet another lesson akin to the fissure. Now I laugh. I'll beat that shit too. Nothing like commitment I guess. oh well - One month down - 17 to go. I got plans already on how to transition from the gym to keeping up my strength based training in all that I do.

Wishing all the other seekers, doers and or sufferes and ultimatley beings ... all the best.

Adios ... until next post.
Time to get out of this chair! ;)

The older we humans get, the more lessons we have. Here I was thinking that growing old would be the answer ... hehe ... have I got news for you!
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 20 Mar 2016, 19:26

On with the show:

Back from the Gym - Steamed a full bunch of Silver Beat AKA Swiss Chard. I first chopped then shredded into a fine mix by hand. My stream is getting on, so steamed for 20 minutes. I also added 3 quarters of a large head of Broccoli for 15 minutes on the top tray which is the equivalent of a 10 minute steam on their own.

Notes re steaming - I often steam less when not in pain, however when suffering bouts of pain, I find digestion is much better when the veggies are softer. I also cold press and only steam to retain fiber. I have no issue with Vitamins and Minerals.

I added to that - medium sized can of [u]Tuna and 2 lightly fired eggs[/u].

Previous to eating, I had [u]half a lemon[/u] in one cup of water and a shot of food grade organic [u]apple cider vinegar.[/u]

[size=150]BM after eating
- Then had an Epsom salt bath.
After the bath, I had to quickly get on the toilet once more with a little diarrhea. Nothing painful. In fact - I felt much better after that. (had another quick wash - I include a wet wipe on the tail end of using soft toilet paper)
Slight pain at the gym. Whilst I not it, it's not enough to warrant no more exercise. The cause in my most recent pain is due to lack of hydration, and incorporating to much wheat. (Bread) - and possibly dry foods without drinking enough water and eating with soft fruits. This I put down to the dates and rice crackers.

Hard to tell since I had not bee keeping records ... hence this diary for me to sift through when and if the time comes.
Time to have a herbal tea and relax now.

See how I go sitting for a while -

end of entry.
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 21 Mar 2016, 06:44

Mid Morning:
3/21/2016
Watermelon
Mint tea
More Watermelon
Two Kiwi Fruit

Water – Walk –
Early Dinner (mid-afternoon) ½ cup of soaked brown rice [steamed] (24hours soaked – room temperature - with a dash of ACV) One small Salmon Steak (steamed) Some Raw Onion all thrown into pot with aprox 300ml of freshly home mad almond milk (24 hours soaked nuts with AVC) Curry added with about 20 grains of Celtic Salt/Grey salt. Slowly warmed while mixing in curry and almond milk – some fry chilli flakes also added.

Lots of water to follow being sipped – followed later with a herbal tea.
A tiny bit of left over carrot and sweet potatoe from my grandsons plate -
then I later at a can a sardines

more water
Another cup of tea

We shall see in the morning ...
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 26 Mar 2016, 17:37

The reason I have not posted in a while is because I have been in a lot of PAIN!!!
If I get my diet wrong - OUCH!!!! and it's OUCH all day!!!!!!

Don't think I can sit for much longer.

I'm sure its because I backed off the watery fruits and also the water.

See what happens as I return to eating more fruit and drinking more water.

I'm at a loss -

Seeing doctor tomorrow as after checking with the hospital found out my name is not on any list. The amount of following up one has to do in order to ensure people do their jobs is as tiring as the tear in one's ass hole.
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 30 Mar 2016, 02:27

I just can't seem to get a balance going on inside of my digestion wise. Going to see the doctor tomorrow with an "advocate" which kind of says just how much I am not being heard. I really need to change doctors I think.

I think the constant stress from the pain is only making things worse.

I'd love to elaborate, but simply don't have the strength.

I think I need either a juice fast or water fasting is in order for the relief ... despite that hard task of cravings early on.

I don't believe anything is going to heal me other than some kind of op ... then I can work on the source under less traumatic circumstances.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 31 Mar 2016, 15:29

Righto - first day in 5 yesterday where I was not rolling around the bed in pain unable to sit or lie is extreme discomfort. I must say though, even though I was fortunate enough for my personal helper and mentor friend to agree to come to the doctors with me; it was a rather draining experience. I do believe my mentor understood the predicament I had been trying to explain when being so pessimistic on the topic of my doctor.

Just having the support made me feel so much more able to communicate my frustrations in a more factual manner. I did not allow the doctor to dismiss me so easily this time around, and given that I had been playing the submissive patient without any support each time I saw the doctor, the doctor could not avoid his dismissive and demeaning ways - although he did try given the changing dynamic of that visit now that I had some support.

It is my belief that not only is the doctor discouraged and encouraged by the "system" to ensure that only the "seriously ill" (when your nearly dead and often too late with things like cancer having evolved); that only then they can send you for Medicare Tests - but his general complacency as a welfare doctor also lends to a stigmatising way of dealing with me, due to my unemployed status and being pensioned off as a "mentally unstable non contributor". I use the latter term as no more than a stigma constantly revealed like so and publicly unquestioned within the wide spread media. Because I am all about recovery, I choose not to see myself that way. None the less, stigma is rampant and such is only one of many negative views within our society. My point is, that many professionals snowed under a system overflowing with by-product (sick people) - it's understandable that in a complacent system as the welfare sector be, that such narrow mindedness ensues. I would add that such residual effect only adds to the debilitation than many are seeking help for. Such is the nature when it comes to metaphors as "perpetual cycle".

Knowing all this without taking things personal, having tried to review my condition once more now having the confidence to do so, I was continually dismissed as usual. The doctor even attempted to use my support person as a sounding board as a means to dismiss me. I immediately pointed out that the personal helper and mentor was attending for my benefit and not his. I highlighted how the demeanour in which he was addressing my support was inappropriate and that he should only direct his concerns with me. I constantly had to reassure that doctor that my having brought a support person along was .not for the doctor to prove anything to anyone.

The end result - I finally - and I mean FINALLY - got a referral off him. It was not for what I wanted - granted it is a test that may lead or may not lead to a general surgeon. (which is what I believe I need) Sadly I will have many more months if not an entire year of rolling round in pain due to the un-healling and extreme pain I have when going to the toilet that lasts an entire day. I do have some good days, but not many. The impact on my life is starting to take it's toll with my family and also my attending psychotherapy which I do twice weekly and 3 times every six weeks. I'm barely just managing - I have to be like super Zen to keep up my healthy eating and also my activity. (The exercise is and it's effect can either be conducive and counterproductive; but that's another story - it's more conducive to me remaining zen. I think that sums that issue up ... I am mindful on all aspects of my pain engagement)

As well as ever so slowly getting the ball rolling with said test (singular) ... Suddenly the doctor seems to be hearing my about the fact I have no gall bladder - and the concerns relating to my digestion and complication that presents to a torn ass hole (Fucking Dugh!) - SO - given the rather assertive and unwavering manner I have had to resort too ... He has suddenly deemed my acceptable to see a dietitian, who may be better equipped to deal with my physiology in respect to what it is that I consume. Who knows, maybe they can help me with a plan that does not involve constantly fasting to identify trigger foods.

SEE - Once again ... herein lay the issue. The stigma that is unconsciously often reverted to (and on both sides I may add - yours truly included), see the dynamic in the doctor patient relationship, as one that often lacks respect. It's rampant in the welfare sector and due to chasing the money, not entirely devoid in the private sector either.

My personal helper and mentor friend has agreed to come to further visits given it seems apparent it will more than likely be the only way I will be heard and or receive beneficial help. It was made clear after I attempted to explain I think it would be better seeking another doctor due to the current rapport - that to do so would result in me having to start from the beginning again. My wife explained to me, that was another way of the doctor refusing to hand over medical records to another doctor. That basically the doctor is in some way holding me ransom in some way - whatever that means. I think it means I need to change doctors irrespectively.

I can not bare to see this doctor any more by myself. I am thinking of making an appointment with another - simply to ask what my rights are with respect to hospital information and tests already done. I do not like the implication this doctor has made to me, with my most diplomatic of attempts to let bigons be bigons (not that I want to be one) and allow me to see someone else. I think that is what my wife means when she uses the word "ransom?"

I am nearly at my wits end ... I tell ya ... the things we got to put up with when taking charge and trying to be healthy members of the public. Grrrrr - I can see very much now, why many people on welfare infact do just that - Give Up. It's a very sad state of affairs. I refuse to give up - and make these doctors accountable.

I will have a new tact in dealing with this doctor holding me ransom the way he is - I am documenting everything agreement that comes up in every visit from this point forward and keeping it all legal like from that point on. Each time I come back I will have my own records and be sure to focus on accountability. Truth is, this doctor often forgets and I simply can not afford that. Once he was holding a blood test that was months old - one that I made him pull out of his mess. Whilst attempting to tell my all my levels where fine, he suddenly found something that was not. The result only confirmed what I was saying. This is what I am dealing with and many millions more.

It is what it is - I see my mentor friend again today. I talk more with him how we handle this from here. I will one way or another be changing doctors soon enough.

Thanks for listing.
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 31 Mar 2016, 20:25

Ponder, I don't know if you're in the US, but if you are you are fully entitled to copies of your medical records. I always get mine. Also in the UK and Canada too, if I remember correctly. :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Ponder » 31 Mar 2016, 23:26

I live in Australia. When relying on the medicare system for treatment (not paying/bulk billing) one is limited in options when it comes to entitlement to records. If you pay for your treatment, then yes ... one is entitled to them. If you are being treated for free, then your rights are somewhat limited.
In fact, once when representing myself (with the help of my wife) - laws where tightened up after we used the "freedom of information act" pre 1998 against Child Welfare Services for misconduct. Freedom of information - especially ... to services rendered freely ... are not privy to clientele/patients who request them. This includes medical, law, education and any other government service + private parties who are subsidized by the government to bulk bill.
I appreciate what your saying, but it's a whole different dynamic for people you relay on free services. Under such circumstances doctors own the rights to records and can refuse to make available as too the hospitals. The most one can hope for is to apply under special circumstances. It's not a given as it would be for those individuals paying for a service. Forms do exists for various dept, but it's an in-depth process which associated costs that often exceed the means of those in need.
Held to ransom. :) - Is OK - with a doctor like the one I have, it would not take long for a doctor that actually cares about patients to bring me up to speed. I'll time my change over to lesson the impact with regards to records being withheld. It will only cost the system more in the end.
Again - I will have to work out the legality of patient entitlement withing the welfare scenario to get a better understanding of what the hospital can or cannot do. I think it might be worth writing a letter to challenge the doctor on this issues, however my wife is fairly certain that as a bulk billing recipient, my options to records is purely up to the doctors discretion, to which he has already indicated, that if I wish to seek for a more conducive relationship with another doctor - "You will have to start from scratch again!"
I'll check it out when I have the energy. You can be sure many doctors rely on a patients lack of confidence and state of fatigue in order to lead them on a string and in many cases deceive them. Bit like a police officer pushing his way through the door without a search warrant.
See what happens. Again - as a non paying customer / non contribute, my options are limited when it comes to accessing "my"/ "The Doctors Records"
All the same - When I eventually make the change (have to time that right because of such a fact) I will be better able to tell you just how limited my options are. Sigh and double Sigh ... ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ponder
Salt Bather

Postby Ponder » 02 Apr 2016, 04:12

Today was bearable. :)
Ponder
Salt Bather