Fybogel and dulcoease

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fybogel and dulcoease

Postby Sadie22 » 31 Mar 2016, 10:08

Hi everyone...I have been suffering for months now with an anal fissure. It's mostly improving, though I still have bad days.
I am taking about 3 dulcoease a day and this has been helping to soften the bm but it doesn't always make me go every day, which I think I need to do, otherwise the bm seems to become enormous.
I have been on fybogel for 3 days (morning and evening) and this is making me go everyday with bearable pain...maybe 4/10.
Should I remain on the dulcoease? If I am going everyday won't this make the bm too soft, today I felt the bm was somewhat struggling to get out maybe due to softness.
Any advice would be appreciated...maybe I should cut down to 1 or 2?
Thank you
Sadie22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Fybogel and dulcoease

Postby Sadie22 » 01 Apr 2016, 13:03

Hi everyone, so I am still taking fybogel, but cutting down on dulcoease. Today I felt like I needed to go but it felt like it would be painful....I sat for awhile and it just felt too big to come out. So I thought I shouldnt strain and left the loo. Few minutes later needed to go and it came out, not as painful as expected but there were traces of blood but there is no after pain which is great.
The reason I am writing all this is that the bm, just seemed massive. The initial harder poop was what I would consider enormous....and it was followed by a massive runnier poop, and considering that I have been pooping daily (small to medium) I was somewhat surprised.
Starting to wonder if that is part of the problem...maybe I am not digesting my food very well and its turning to poop too easily and staying in my system too long, becoming hard.
Possibly the fybogel has contributed to the size but honestly I was finding them big before that but just thought it was due to holding it in.
Anyone experienced similar...I am an average size girl, so god knows what a large guy must poop!
Any advice would be appreciated
Sadie22
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Apr 2016, 09:44

Hello Sadie, pleased to meet you.

With laxatives it's a fine balance and something that is individual to us all. What works for some, doesn't work for others. Have you tried magnesium supplements? I have found they help.

don't forget water! drink plenty to give your stool hydration.

FF xx
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Sadie22 » 02 Apr 2016, 13:49

Hi FF, thank you very much for your reply.
I think for me 2 fybogel and 2 dulcoease will be about the right amount to keep me regular and not too hard, which will hopefully help the healing process.
I have never tried magnesium, so any recommendations would be appreciated. Prune juice worked quite well with me but sometimes it gave me the runs which was sort of good but sort of scary because I was sometimes worried about not getting to the toilet on time.
Thanks again
Sadie22
Fibre Addict

Postby Sadie22 » 05 Apr 2016, 05:53

Hi everyone, still taking fybogel and dulcoease but becoming a bit disheartened. Im going everyday, its been really soft but it has been getting quite painful again. The bm itself is painful and it is almost a burning sensation more than the glassy feeling I used to have, sometimes blood sometimes not...and then after the bm my anus aches very badly for about 10 minutes. I feel grateful it doesnt hurt for more than 10 minutes but it is still disappointing.
Another problem I have is that if I dont run to the toilet the minute I feel the bm coming it seems to increase the pain...luckily it doesnt seem to happen when I am out of the house, which makes me think there is a sort of mental component to the whole thing.
So basically I will start to feel the bm coming and I will have about 2 minutes to get to the toilet, which in a house with 3 other people and a young daughter to deal with it is not always possible.
I am trying my best not to hold it in as that was a very bad habit I had before which may have caused the issue, but just becoming confused as to how to help myself.
Any advice would be appreciated
Sadie22
Fibre Addict

Postby Sadie22 » 09 Apr 2016, 03:11

Ugh....feel like I am almost at square 1 again. I decided to try and take one fybogel a day to try and reduce the size of the bm as they are just so big to pass...but that didnt really work out as it made me not go that day and the next day the bm was still massive and painful too...I know I will need to go to the toilet today but honestly feel nervous to go. Every time I have a bm, and it clears my system I feel like its a new opportunity to heal, but running out of ideas....drinking about 6-7 glasses of water a day, and I have decided to eat two or 3 teaspoons of coconut oil a day to see if it lubricates things.
Any advice is appreciated
Sadie22
Fibre Addict