Tiny superficial "pimple" or "ingrown hair" lump

tiny lump

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Tiny superficial "pimple" or "ingrown hair" lump

Postby Cporosus1 » 09 Apr 2016, 04:35

Hello everyone,

I'm no stranger to the forum. Back in October of 2014 I had a perianal abscess and in January of 2015 I had a fistulotomy...it healed completely in 3 months and I have had no issues at all since the healing (exactly one year ago); I also had a colonoscopy with multiple biopsies, blood tests, stool tests, etc. I'm very healthy otherwise (seems the abscess was a fluke incident, possibly due to years of straining/clogging).

Anyway, about 10 days ago I noticed a tiny (smaller than an eraser head) "lump" (lump isn't the exact description, it feels more like a small pimple or in grown hair) about 3 inches from my anus on the perianal "raphe" (the "line" between the scrotum and the anus). It has not grown or gotten painful at all during the 10 days, but my girlfriend looked at it and thinks its a small pimple (I do have a tendency to sweat a lot into this area). I had her put some pimple cream on it to dry it out (up to this point I had been using coconut oil, which made it feel good but probably wasn't helping rid it).

Should I be concerned? Does this just sound like a normal thing? It is NOTHING like my abscess was (that was huge, very deep with no head...bigger than a golf ball but in a football shape), but I figured I'd get your opinions anyway. My CRS doesn't have any available appointments for 2 weeks, but I think this might make him laugh anyway. There doesn't seem to be any visible ingrown hairs and it doesn't hurt as bad as ingrown hairs usually do (in fact, it doesn't even hurt as bad as most pimples).
Cporosus1
Salt Bather

Topics: 28

Re: Tiny superficial "pimple" or "ingrown hair" lump

Postby Savaici » 12 Apr 2016, 13:52

Hope you have seen your doctor about this, Cporosus1!!

Let us know. :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Tiny superficial "pimple" or "ingrown hair" lump

Postby Cporosus1 » 12 Apr 2016, 13:57

It's been about two weeks now and I used some pimple cream and it has shrunk to "almost" nothing. Still a tiny bit of raised skin. It doesn't hurt and I wouldn't even know it was there if I didn't touch the area every day out of paranoia since my abscess hahaha But I don't think it is anything of concern since it has shrunk, has no real mass to it and is in the middle raphe. I might go to a dermatologist if it refuses to go away, but it doesn't even seem to be a pimple since pimples hurt more.
Cporosus1
Salt Bather

Topics: 28