Success!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Success!!

Postby Wolfsburg » 13 Apr 2016, 02:18

Finally had the surgery done 3 days ago, and I'm just too ecstatic. I first felt pain back in November of 2015 and I suffered through the pain, working a job where I walk nearly 15km a night (2 nights a week as I'm a student). No creams helped and doctors were refusing to give me any strong painkiller like an opiate as it would constipate me.

So I was living off Ibuprofen and Naproxen for the past 5 months.

I had to quit my part time job and drop out of 1 of my classes, it was really effecting me, I was stuck between lying down and squatting to relieve the pain after a BM. During the last month before surgery I would only have a BM once a week. I know it's bad, but if I went when I had to.. my life would have been over really.

Sad news apart, I finally did the surgery. They prepped me, tricked me into anesthesia - I had agreed to it obviously, doctor said he was giving me relaxant to calm my heart rate - and the next thing I know I'm waking up in the recovery room.

First thing I notice? The BM I did 1 hour before the surgery has no pain at all.. and the pain free continued. Fearing I would damage the new wound, I held my BM for another 3 days to let the area heal, then went for a BM.

Zero pain, absolutely nothing. Other then when cleaning there was a bit of pain as pressure was applied, but in terms of fissure pain... NOTHING!

I'm happy to report my life is back now, got a internship from my school for the summer and I've already started running and lifting weights to lose the weight I gained while I was ill.

GO FOR THE SURGERY!!!
Wolfsburg

Topics: 1

Re: Success!!

Postby chachacha » 13 Apr 2016, 08:05

A HUGE congrats on your success and thanks for sharing your story!

:actiongirl:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19