how long on nifedipine

healing time

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

how long on nifedipine

Postby Deleted User 5050 » 15 Apr 2016, 16:10

How long can i use nifedipine? Ive been using it 4 weeks.. i'll get to feeling pretty good then have a slip up and it gets worse again. I have an appt with the crs in another 4 weeks.

Im not in a ton of pain as i use the nifedipine 3 or 4 x a day and keep my stool soft with miralax

I am breastfeeding so i cannot get botox and i do not want to consider surgery at this point. How long can i use the nifedipine in hopes it works?
Deleted User 5050

Re: how long on nifedipine

Postby Canadabum » 15 Apr 2016, 16:18

I used nifedipine for about 8 months....yes, you read that correctly!! I don't think there is any reason you couldn't use it for years on end....all it does it help reduce the resting pressure of your internal sphincter muscle...you dont develop a dependency on it...so it is super safe!

Hopefully you will see better and better results over the coming 4-6 weeks...keep it up!
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 5050 » 15 Apr 2016, 16:38

Did yours heal ?
Deleted User 5050

Postby Canadabum » 16 Apr 2016, 08:13

That's the million dollar question.

My story is in two places...post called "6 Months...what to do" and one in the diary section called "11 months and counting".

My CRS told me after examination that my fissure was healed...this was September 2015. Thankfully today I experience little pain and no spasms. However I still do bleed if I have a slightly harder movement..wish I knew why but that is my reality.
Canadabum

Topics: 19