Help......Switch from colace to miralax ?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Help......Switch from colace to miralax ?

Postby Tota8471 » 21 Apr 2016, 09:21

Hi everyone

I have a question here. Now am taking 3 genetic colace 100mg tablets a day. 1 in the morning when I wake up , and 2 at bed time, but I was thinking about switching to miralax , but I was wondering how to do that switch like do I take them together first or just switch ? And If I just Switched and the miralax takes up to 3 days to work am I going to get really constipated and stuff to get worse, am really confused and right now my diet is only lettuce and chicken and 1 egg and day. And by mid day I eat a cup of yogurt. I have gastritis and don't know what to do. When I was eating the fiber one cereal I had to strain so I thought high fiber diet is not for me so now this all what I eat every day and my stool is at number 6 I'd the stool chart, so please let me know what is the better way to switch and how much should I take ? And if I take miralax am I going to be able a bit more food variations without suffering, as am a breastfeeding mom for a 1 month old baby and I know nutrition is important , and also if someone wanted to stop stool softener what is the best way to do it ,, to stop it cold turkey or to wean of gradually and if so what is the best way to gradually wean off with let say my conditions of 3 colace a day?
Thank you all in advance . :thankyou:
Tota8471
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Help......Switch from colace to miralax ?

Postby brokenbottom » 21 Apr 2016, 11:27

Hello there. I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist but I'm a bit shocked by what you say you are eating. Did someone advise you to eat only those things? Surely you should be eating some fruit and vegetables? How are you going to heal if you are not getting any vitamins in your diet? And a bowl of cereal hardly makes for a high fibre diet - it's just one thing that has a good amount of fibre in it, not even the daily recommended dose.

Anyway to get to your actual question I would think that overlapping the two laxatives wouldn't be a good idea as you will be taking a double dose. Better to just switch to the different product if that's what you want to do.

But mainly I do think you should see a doctor/nutritionist and ask them about this. I'm sure such a limited diet and lots of laxatives can't really be helping you at all. Good luck and hope you feel better very soon.
Suffered acute AFs since about 2010
2015 Chronic AF diagnosed
18/2/16 Botox (unsuccessful)
12/4/16 Lateral anal sphincterotomy and removal of polyp and two tags
brokenbottom
VIP

Topics: 3