miralax and stool consistency (clay like)

miralax

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

miralax and stool consistency (clay like)

Postby Deleted User 5050 » 02 Apr 2016, 10:03

So i developed an anal fissure after the birth of my first child. Ive always had constipation but ive been able to regulate it with diet and stool softeners or magnesium.

until now.

and the dr said my stool should be smaller than a quarter in diameter and look like soft serve ice cream.
In order to get that size/consistency i have to take miralax. Im currently taking about 1.5 capfuls. I fill to the top of the purple cap. However, in order to get the size and consistency.. i have to go several times a day. Which is okay i guess....

Usually they vary between perfect to a little too soft and sorta messy.

but occasionally my stool will be clay like texture (like lumped together pieces of clay) followed by soft or even runny stool. I have no idea what causes this. I never had this problem before taking miralax. The ideas ive come up with are not enough water that day? or too much soluble fiber that day?

I eat anywhere from 25 to 40 g of fiber a day.. and drink 4 liters. Im breastfeeding and i already used to drink a lot of water so i need a lot i think. Ive also started drinking a glass of prune juice in the evening.

I hate taking miralax and plan to wean off it onto stool softeners and magnesium once my fissure is healed.

any advice or experience on these clay like stools?
Deleted User 5050

Re: miralax and stool consistency (clay like)

Postby Myitzu » 01 May 2016, 17:20

Hi Kido,
I am similar issue like you said, I took one full spoon 17g miralax before bed in everyday, 4 or 5 days straight was good but after that my stool was like clay texture to come out and it made me bleeding. It happened to me once a week minimum or once in a fortnight maximum, so my fissure was taking time to heal.
Did you find out any solution, any good softeners, :-( thanks.
Myitzu
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Deleted User 5050 » 04 May 2016, 09:55

no, nothing changed. I cant seem to get this to heal.

IM scared to stop the miralax to try something else though
Deleted User 5050

Postby Myitzu » 04 May 2016, 16:33

me too, scared to change, still with miralax plus magnesium citrate, life cycle, better healing then hard stool, back to pain, :-(
Myitzu
Salt Bather

Topics: 4