The evil returns

The dreaded retear

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: The evil returns

Postby hurtinend » 24 Dec 2015, 14:55

Hi hayleyw

So sorry for the setbacks, as others have said, been there...

Only 1 positive to fissures....once revisited they never seem as bad as the first time.

Merry xmas and to all....try to enjoy holiday time.

Best,
Hurtinend
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby hayleyw » 24 Dec 2015, 15:17

hurtinend wrote:Hi hayleyw

So sorry for the setbacks, as others have said, been there...

Only 1 positive to fissures....once revisited they never seem as bad as the first time.

Merry xmas and to all....try to enjoy holiday time.

Best,
Hurtinend

That's very true. The retears haven't been a patch on the dark days so i don't let them bother me too much.
Merry Christmas to everyone! With new year looming let's hope 2016 is the year we all recover once and for all. :smilyhug:
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Canadabum » 24 Dec 2015, 15:40

Hayleyw - all best for the holidays and new year. Wishing you a year of health and happiness.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby hayleyw » 13 Feb 2016, 16:50

Felt like I should give an update. Since the last time I posted I have had far more good days than bad ones. I have periods of about 3-4 days of burning/stinging during bms and for a small period of time afterwards. Nothing as bad as the dark days though. After those days the symptoms disappear completely for about 2 weeks at a time before starting up again. I've had a great period recently, felt like a normal person for a few weeks though today I was very constipated and pushed. I saw some blood and felt a bit of discomfort. I'd usually be angry about the injustice of it all but this time I feel as though i brought it on myself, straining. Hoping it clears up fast once the constipation is delt with. I haven't been taking laxatives for a while now, i've been coping really well without them but I had a satchet today to help things along.

I've had it for 2 years now. I'm still clearly battling this thing but at the level it operates at now, I can live relatively happily with it. As long as it doesn't get worse of course.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 11 Apr 2016, 21:04

Hayleyw- I was thinking of some of the people that have been on the board with me when I first started (still here...though generally doing pretty well). Wondering how you are - hope you are well.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby hayleyw » 16 May 2016, 12:44

Canadabum wrote:Hayleyw- I was thinking of some of the people that have been on the board with me when I first started (still here...though generally doing pretty well). Wondering how you are - hope you are well.

Canadabum

Hi Canadabum. Sorry for the late response, I haven't been on the forum for a while. I'm doing fine 90% of the time but I do keep retearing in the same area and it doesn't take much to start it off again. Thankfully the retears have so far been minor and only lasting a few days before pain goes away again. Haven't bled since last year. I retore again about 4 days ago because for whatever reason i've been a little constipated recently and a little is all it takes.
I'm back to painful bowel movements again but not so bad you need to do breathing exercises to get through it, just unpleasant but not really distressing. Everytime I retear I start taking the dilt cream and use laxatives as needed. It usually nips things in the bud and after a couple of days, things go back to normal. This retear is lasting longer than usual though so i'm a little anxious about that.

How are you doing?
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 17 May 2016, 16:22

No worries about the timing...quite frankly it is probably a good sign that you are not on the forum so good for you.

Glad to hear that you are much better -- I can relate to the retear...hate it. I have decided to take a constant low dose of miralax (quarter of the dose) and some fibre each day to try and make sure i dont get constipated etc...so far it has basically worked though I have also had a set back or two from time to time...though minor.

I am feeling 90-95% i guess...still some awareness that all is not 100% down there, no real pain but i need to be careful to take my fibre, potty positioning, eat/drink well...so it is still a part of my life. I have a follow up with my Dr. at the end of June and I will see where things stand (more likely he will see and report to me...lol).

I found that extra heat and sitz baths helped me after set backs.

Wishing you all the best -- so glad things are good for you.

Canadabum
Canadabum