Feeling a lot better!

Success story

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Feeling a lot better!

Postby BootyAndBum » 28 May 2016, 13:47

Hello, I'm sure you are searching the web for answers on how to not be in pain from your fissure. I was there a few months ago. I can empathize with what you're going through. Fissure pain is the worst! I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but you will get better. Keep that in mind!

My history is this:
2005- LIS. Healed after a couple of weeks. Pain free after a month. Not bad! I give it an 8.

2009- the little devil of a fissure was back! (stress, dehydration, constipation)
Botox- 5 or 6 weeks of pain, development of a sizable skin tag, used lots of lidocaine and pain meds. Fissure healed and pain gone after about 8 weeks. I give that a 5. The recovery was rough.

2016- a fissure ....again?! Really??! I nearly had a mental breakdown thinking of having to get surgery again after the botox incident. Plus the pain. Omg. (stress, 80% business travel, constipation). This time, healed in 3 months....no surgery!!

What worked:

Keep stool soft and frequent
Lots of berries
Lots of water
Prune juice
Fiber (metamucil)
Did I say LOTS of water??!
Limit red meat, bread, dairy

Daily Epsom salt or sitz baths...especially after a BM.

Recticare for painful days

Walking every day!! This is so important. Lidocaine helps. Or lube. Yep, I said it. Had to use the lube for something because sex was too painful!

A heating pad for 2 hours every day. Hear makes bood flow and blood flow promotes healing.

Calm down.

I tried Rectiv for 6 weeks, better, but not fixed.

My doc/pharmacy compounded:
Nitro/pramox/misop .2% / 1%/ .0024%

After 3 days was feeling better. After 1 month, healed!

I also did pelvic floor physical therapy. That is good for lots of things...men and women. Better sex! Core strength!

Listen to your body and try not to obsess or stress. Tell yourself you're healing. Do deep breathing exercises 3 to 5 times a day.

Happy and quick healing to you!!
BootyAndBum

Re: Feeling a lot better!

Postby Canadabum » 30 May 2016, 16:25

Great advice -- thanks for dropping in and letting us know what worked...i also love the fact that you had recurring bouts with this nasty issue and dealt with it differently each time...good to know that our strategies can change to meet the need.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: Feeling a lot better!

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 09 Jun 2016, 08:45

Dear Bootyandbum,
Like you I have had LIS before ( when I was 18 some 20 years ago, one more when I was 28 and now had Botox)
Could you please tell me a little more about your post Botox period? I had mine on May 31st and like you said it's been difficult. I would say my say my pain and improvement was much quicker after the LIS, within a week I was completely on my feet. The healing with Botox seems much slower ( or is it just my age now?) , it's better but minimally so. Could you share more about how you compare the 2 recoveries and specifically how many weeks for Botox to help? Trying to stay positive. Thanks!!
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2